See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed September 18, 2016

terrible place for holiday..reminds jail!!DIRTY,!broken mirror
photos are fake
they blackmaile us..they wanted we pay forthe houl week in advance or take money from my credit card even if we leave place..night mare
dont trust photos nothing is real.only chickens can stay there
far away(μακρυα)

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 13, 2016 via mobile

Stayed for 2 nights in Yacht apartment on Vaci street.
Pros: location, super helpfull staff, great creativity of room set up, price
Cons: no AC, few cockroaches in the bathroom
Overall nice experience, worth for a short stay

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed August 27, 2016

We stayed here for 2 nights as a group - we rented the Pop-Art, Romantic & Diamond design apartments. The owner was there to meet us and we checked in early without any issues. The apartments were lovely, great design and clean throughout with free wifi. They are in a good location very close to shops, bars and sights with a nearby metro station linking you to the rest of the city. We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed October 9, 2015

I was there for five nights and I realized very fast that I made the wrong decision to stay here.
As I entered the room I thought that it was okay. - But then I saw the dirt on the floor, under the bed and in the bathroom. Lots of long hairs were on the floor and when you walk barefoot you feel all the dirt things on your feet. As I checked the bed I saw some thick and ugly hairs (not from someones head...) and the pillows are so uncomfortable that I took the blanket as additional pillow.

In my second night I woke up because of extremely heave noise from my "neigborhood" (they were in the other two apartments). They screamed and laughed, made party until 2:30 am. Bad night, bad hygiene, bad smell. But this is not all: the biggest problem here are the BED MUGS! I woke up with lots of itching , red picks (you can see them on the pictures).

I would not recommend this apartment to someone else. And I won't book it again. It's my fourth night now and maybe I'll leave one day eralier. But I want a refund.

Stayed: October 2015
Zsolt M, Tulajdonos at Design Apartments Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2015

Dear Ona Zardinoni,

Thank you for taking time to share your experiences about our apartment with other travelers. Let me kindly respond to your mentioned problems.

Regarding to the cleanliness: we take care a lot about this issue, and anytime we hear a negative feedback about cleanliness we need to know about it as soon as possible in order to be able to provide better services to our guests always. Ona, unfortunately we have not heard any problems regarding cleanliness from you during your 5-day long stay, but we talked a couple of times and we were in touch. As you know the apartment price includes cleaning fee before the stay, but we can provide cleaning service anytime during the day. If you would have mentioned this problem to us, we would have solved it for free of charge of course as our guests' comfort is our most important goal.

Regarding the comfort of our pillows. We have never received any negative comments about our pillows. We have used the same brand of pillows in every of our apartments in the last few years, but we will retest their comfort in order to provide proper comfort, and will do our best to fix this issue as soon as possible.

Regarding the heavy noise of the neighbours. In the hour (when we read your letter about the neighbour problem) we got to know about this problem from you we sent our colleague to the apartment to solve this case immediately. My colleague warned the guests that if they do not stop bothering our other guest and start to respect our house rules, we will need to send them way from our apartments for unacceptable and unrespectful behaviour. Fortunately, our guests understood the imortance of our rules, and we did not have any further problems with them afterwards. We did our best to solve this problem, and we could solve it in 1 and a half hour after we received your letter about this problem.

Regarding the bugs. As we mentioned it to you before, we have not had any bugs in any of our apartments before. We cleaned your apartment 10 hours later (we received your letter about this case at midnight) and tried to call a bug expert to the apartment, but we could not find any bug experts who could have come to the apartment on the weekend (it was Saturday, when we received your letter). This is Monday today, the bug expert just left the apartment. He fixed this issue, and he informed us about the bugs. As we did not have any bugs in our apartments before we do not know where they came from, but the bug expert informed us that they could come for instance from the walls, or from any of our guests, even from you as well. Unfortunately, we will not ever be able to get to know where they came from, but fortunately we could fix this issue in 1 day, and all of our apartments are completely bug free.

Ona, thank you again for leaving a review about us as every feedback means a lot to us in order to be able to provide better services day by day. You need to know that we always do our best to provide comfort stay for our guests, and so we did it at your stay as well. We are sorry for any caused inconveniences, and we trust in that once you will change your mind and visit us again. We are looking forward to welcome you again to show you that we can provide anyone a comfortable stay!

All the best to you,

Attila Pozsonyi/Owner and Designer of the Design Apartments Budapest

Reviewed August 20, 2015

its a cute apartment, the location is excellent. shops and grocery are near, restaurants as well. public transport is verry near too. comunication with staff was verry good. they were willing and nice. this apartment was a verry good choice :)

Room Tip: we had 2 apartments - airplane and motocycle and both of them are perfect. if you preffer sunny one chose a motocycle :)
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with BudgetPlaces
mzsolt, Tulajdonos at Design Apartments Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2015

Dear Alena,

We are very glad that you enjoyed your stay at us. It would be great to welcome you again in any of our apartment houses!

Have a great day,