All reviews guest rooms room was spacious guest house is peace and quiet small fridge coffee table an excellent place to stay in easy walking distance kalvin ter sitting area perfect location would definitely stay here again tram station fantastic stay first floor airport city
Reviewed October 30, 2015

We are so impressed! Judit met us when we arrived and provided us with a great overview of the city and all it has to offer. Our room (#3) was street side, but not noisy in this quiet neighborhood. The external blinds also helped reduce the street lights into the room. The room was spotless, and had everything we needed, including a safe, and blow drier. The bed was comfortable, the bathroom was roomy enough with a full tub, with shower, and breakfast was perfect for starting each day. We also requested transfer service to the Airport on our departure and it went off without any issues. If I had to guess, I'd say Judit has been hosting guests for a long time, and still loves doing it. If you can get in - book!

Room tip: I suspect all the rooms are equally nice.
Date of stay: October 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank ctocm_aw
Reviewed October 7, 2015

For me, having stayed in B & Bs across multiple continents over the decades, key criteria are:
the room,
the location,
the service, and
the value in terms of what you get relative to how much you pay.

Regarding service, what I look for is a personal touch and uniqueness that sets the whole experience apart from just staying in some large/chain hotel.

Budapest GuestRooms delivered on all of my criteria, with special credit for the service that I experienced--prior to my recent visit as well as during my stay.

Before I was scheduled to be in Budapest, the refugee/migrant situation had reached a point that the main train station was closed and my plan had been to arrive by train. I contacted Judit and she provided me excellent guidance on options for getting to Budapest. Then when I arrived at the B & B in the middle of a rainstorm she had just the right way of introducing herself, showing me my room, suggesting that I take a few minutes to collect myself and then advising me that when I was ready she would be happy to provide me more of an orientation and answer questions. This is a hostess who definitely knows how to engage with guests!

Over the course of my four-night stay, in a most helpful and caring way Judit not only anwered questions but added value with her observations and/or suggestions. Special mention is also due Susan, who supports the operation of the B & B. Thank you Judit for selecting Miss Susan and having such an individual who has chosen hospitality as her area of professional interest and has the skills and motivation to succeed in such a role.

Budapest GuestRooms was among the very best values in my B & B experience. If your criteria for accommodations are similar to mine, then I fully recommend this establishment for your visit to Budapest.

3  Thank vac08
Reviewed September 18, 2015 via mobile

My wife and I had a horrible night and day of traveling, getting to Budapest late. Judit provides a service where they will pick you up at the airport and bring you to their guesthouse. Use it! It's well worth the fee. She recommended two very nice restaurants to eat at , and they were very good. The room we stayed in was large, cheery and very clean. She provides a very tasty breakfast for a nominal fee and you can't go wrong getting it. Her tips on the transit card, money changing and which sites to see we're all appreciated. All said, this is an exceptional place to stay in Budapest.

Date of stay: September 2015
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jerseyguy50
Reviewed September 3, 2015

I stayed 4 days in this lovely guest house. They organized an airport transfer for me and my driver was very nice. The young lady who was there for the morning was very sweet, always ready to help, she was the one preparing the tasty breakfast. The owner also welcomed me warmly, taking the time to explain me everything, to give me tips, I really felt at ease over there. They take great care of the guests.
My room, although quite dark, was beautiful and clean. If I ever go back to Budapest I already know where I'll stay.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed August 18, 2015

We stayed at Budapest GuestRooms for 7 days in August 2015. We chose the B&B based on the reviews on Tripadvisor.

We ordered the airport transfer, and we followed the easy steps provided by the hostess, Judit. The person who picked us up at the airporst was Judit's husband, István. As he drove us to the B&B, we had a nice talk about the city, and he recommended us a few places to visit during our stay. Everything went smoothly, and it was a convenient way to start our holiday. We consider the price reasonable, and we can only recommend the airport transfer.

As we arrived to the B&B, our high expectations from Tripadvisor were exceeded. Judit showed us our room, and, as we checked in, she gave us a lot of information about what to see; where to go for a decent, traditional, hungarian meal; how to use public transport etc. She gave us a map of Budapest containing all the recommendations which meant we could easily find the information she provided us the first day; The map proved to be useful in many cases. The most important part of it was we felt we were welcome here and Judit provided answers to all our questions.

Our room, no. 1, was commodious, clean and well-furnished. We stayed during one of the longest heat waves ever recorded, and the air conditioner worked perfectly, even in this situation. The room contains a very comfortable bed, a small fridge, a wardrobe, safety box, sofa, desk, boiler, free tea and coffee, effective blinders etc. Pretty much everything you need during a holiday. It was beautiful and charming.

We also ordered the breakfast. It contained bread rolls, croissants, brown bread, white bread, yogurt, cold meat, fresh fruit, honey, cheese, juice, milk, oatmeal etc. We were offered tea and coffee by a serviceminded young woman, and, afterwards, she would happily make a refill. In other words, The breakfast contained everything you need to get a fresh start to the day.

The B&B is located within walking distance to main shopping street Váci Utca which is located approximately in the city centre. On the other hand, if you prefer public transport, there is a metro station, tram station and bus stop nearby. We bought our tickets for public transport at Deák Ferenc tér ticket office which is about 12 minutes walk from the B&B, however, you can buy tickets at the nearest metro station. Nearby the B&B, there are a lot of restaurants, bars, shops etc.

The staff is friendly, and they will without hesitation answer the questions you ask. However, it is important to have in mind that Budapest GuestRooms do not have a 24 hour open reception as the staff is only there in the morning and when people check in or out. Some may consider this a minor drawback because you are on your own during the day. However, we did not mind this, because we like the independency on our travels. It is important for us to point out that Judit gave us her telephone number in case of emergencies.

In conclusion: We loved our stay at Budapest GuestRooms, and we would without any doubt recommend the B&B to anyone. The location is perfect, the staff is incredibly serviceminded and friendly, and the rooms are clean and commodious. When we return to Budapest, we would definately stay here again.

Date of stay: August 2015