“Very lively, amazing Italian food”

Caffe & Restaurant Gian Mario
Ranked #77 of 3,688 Restaurants in Budapest
Price range: US$4 - US$25
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: District V / Inner City
Description: The only true italian trattoria (guesthouse) in Budapest!!! if you want to feel 20 minutes in Italy don`t hesitate to visit us. real italian creamy strong coffee, cappuccino, latte macchiato a.s.o. we also prepare real italian pizza and pasta!!!a must for everyone!!!Come and see!!!
Reviewed January 11, 2018

Bumped into this place, and what a great surprise it was! Since my first visit, I went back 2 more times and the amazing food and service wowed me off my feet every time.
The restaurant is basically "split" into two - a proper restaurant and a pizzeria. So if you make a reservation, -which is very recommended as its quite small- make sure you clarify where you want to eat. Their Cesare pizza is still on my mind ever since I had it :) the pasta and starters are heaven. Dont be startled, the place is LOUD, LIVELY and very friendly, especially if the owner is there. Love it and will return!!!

1  Thank TerraExplorator

Reviewed January 10, 2018 via mobile

The food and the vine was absolutely delicious and great! But the setvice with the girl was awful. She told us to pass over the glasses because she is tired and does not really wants to move. I was just about to finish my dinner but he tooked away my plate and I had to tell her that I was still eating...

1  Thank Adam L
Inmario, Proprietario at Caffe & Restaurant Gian Mario, responded to this reviewResponded January 12, 2018

Dear Adam, we are sorry about the service. We try to improve it every day. We thank you for your comment even if I think that you’ve been too severe with us. You said wine and food was excellent. I suppose the price was ok for what you ate. I hope you’ll give us another chance!!
Wait for you!

Reviewed December 21, 2017 via mobile

My husband, 6 yr old son and I stopped in here after a day of sightseeing. We were made to feel very welcome and found a table straight away. The pizza came quickly and was delicious. The staff were all very friendly and helpful. My husband enjoyed chatting to one of the owners about southern Italy. A lovely place to stop for an easy family meal!

Reviewed December 6, 2017

Lovely Italian restaurant. Very busy & lively. Pizza was exceptional & service was very good. Very busy place so we were lucky to get a table. Would definitely recommend a visit.

Reviewed December 5, 2017

The restaurant has a full menu, but we had pizza. I wanted pepperoni and my wife wanted Hawaiian style so we asked if we could have half and half and they said sure. Apparently that means different things in different places. When it came, the outside of the pizza was pepperoni and the inside Hawaiian style. Just imagine a donut of pepperoni pizza around a small Hawaiian style. Even with that glitch the pizza was good although it had a slightly different flavor than we were used to. They also have wine and beer if you are inclined. Our large pizza, two glasses of wine, two coca cola's and tip was only $30.