“No atmosphere”
Review of Fogashaz

Fogashaz
Ranked #25 of 248 Nightlife in Budapest
More attraction details
Owner description: Come to one of the famous ruin pubs in the center of Budapest and discover that Fogasház is much more than just a place to party.We’d like to give you various leisure and pleasure activities. We give space for theaters for rehearsal and stages, contemporary art galleries, civil lectures and debates. We have film clubs, flea market and of course parties at night. We now planning on opening the first ruin vine bar in Budapest.You can find the Lomography shop, Fogaskerékpár a bike rental and repair shop, and a pizzeria in the house of Fogasház.
Reviewed April 5, 2018 via mobile

Drinks are reasonably priced but that’s about it...
Empty bar, no atmosphere, unapproachable staff.

Love the ideas of ruin bars but there are many better in Budapest.

1  Thank phi1ipj0hn
manager_QRM, Vezető at Fogashaz, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2018

Dear phi1ipj0hn,

Firstly, we would like to thank you for writing down you experiences to us on TripAdvisor.

We are glad you decided to give a try to our place. Many thanks to you for highlighting our great prices. On the other hand, we are sincerely sorry for the fact that the atmosphere of our place did not meet your expectations.

Once again, thank you for your review.

Yours sincerely,

"guard"
"interior"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed March 31, 2018 via mobile

Maybe not as good as Szimpla Kert, but still one of the top ruin bars in Budapest.

Was out exploring Budapest and after getting something to eat I decided that I would head along to Fogashaz.

A lot more laid back than Szimpla Kert, with its own charm, it is a good back street complex of different bars and nightclubs in the one area.

Staff are good and friendly, and drinks are reasonably priced.

Had my beer and left as I was in the hurry, but kind of wish I had given it more of a chance.

manager_QRM, Vezető at Fogashaz, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2018

Dear wanderer_scotland,

Thank you for taking your time and writing us your lovely comment, it was such a great joy for us to read!
We cannot find the suitable words to describe how happy we are by the fact that our Fogasház managed to live up to your expectations! We are pleased that you had positive experiences with the staff of our restaurant. Every member of us love his or her job and put their backs into it. Moreover, thank you for noting the reasonable pricing. We do try to keep our prices on an acceptable level.
Once again, thank you for the positive feedback and we very much look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kind regards,

Reviewed March 23, 2018 via mobile

Highly recommended. Szimpla kert is always so packed and has long long queues. This one is far easier to get in and had equally fantastic atmosphere. Multiple bars inside- open ans well as sheltered. Bars and clubs. Instant is also connected from inside. Everything is amazing. Hop over to Leibling (connected only from inside) and climb up to the rooftop for some air and views. We had an outstanding time here to some Hungarian house. Enjoy!!

manager_QRM, Vezető at Fogashaz, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2018

Dear Shefali S,

May we start with expressing our thankfulness for your generous review on TripAdvisor.

It pleases us you decided to visit our place and we are glad we were able to deliver you an amazing time here. We always try to meet all of our dear guests’ expectations and it is lovely we succeeded with it this time. Special thanks to you for recommending us to others.

We do hope that you will return in the near future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed March 15, 2018

never ever going to this club ever! Me, as a tourist, paid for pub crawl and some local jealous ..ehm.. girl.. did not like me so she sent security guys on me. two big guys pushing a girl and pulling me outside even when i am at least twice smaller than them, they pulled my hair and I have a lot of bruises on my arms. they did not let me even go for my coat and sweater they let me stand outside only in t-shirt and they were laughing at me. i guess I never visit Budapest again