3,536 results
All reviews the executive lounge danube river peppers restaurant great location chain bridge buda castle corner suite viking cruise within walking distance buda side royal palace christmas market elizabeth bridge breakfast buffet vaci street wonderful hotel fisherman's bastion
Reviewed April 22, 2014

We stayed in April prior to Easter and chose the Marriott because we wanted a hotel gym and the additional room space that Marriott offers compared to European hotels. Hotel had excellent facilities and rooms were modern and clean. We were upgraded to a corner suite so we had a view of the east and west side of the rivers. Upgrade to the corner rooms are worth it! We were on the second floor. We also upgraded for lounge and wifi access. It was pricey but worth it. Their lounge on the top floor has amazing views. We used it everyday to relax for happy hour after a tiring day of touring. Breakfast at Peppers was pretty good buffet. Their coffee in the morning buffet though was bad. You can request the servers to bring you a coffee freshly brewed and not one from their coffee pots. Service overall was great. We used the concierge to arrange tours. Location was good for our needs. You cross 1 street and you are on Vaci Street. We took the Big Bus Tours and one of the stops was a 3-minute walk. Gellert Baths is also a 20minute walk. There is a stop of the yellow tram at the back of the hotel. If you need to be closer to city center (e.g. Basiica, etc.) there are other hotels beside the Marriott also along the river so you might consider those as well.

Room tip: Corner rooms have great views of east and west side of river
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Rick E, General Manager at Budapest Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review here on TripAdvisor.

It was a great pleasure having you here as our guest, and that you selected Budapest Marriott Hotel for your accommodation during your stay in Budapest.

I look forward to welcoming you back again on your next trip!

Reviewed April 20, 2014

Great location on the Pest side of the Danube. Typical Marriott. However, wifi in the room comes at quite a price, approximately $20 per night. Then I find out that the $20 covers only one of my 4 devices. They do have free wifi in the lounge and it is a little faster than the typical hotel wifi.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank JJinANP
Rick E, General Manager at Budapest Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2014

I sincerly appreciate you taking the time to post a review with regardsto your recent stary with us.

I sincerly appreciate your feedback. Let me kindly infrom you that we have complimentary WIFI in the lobby at the ground floor as well.
I do hope to welcome you back again in the future.

Best regards,

Reviewed April 18, 2014

We spent two nights at this hotel. the hotel was built in the 1980's but has been updated and maintained. The location is perfect for visiting Budapest. It is located on the Pest side of the river with views of the river, bridges and castle district. The view from our room was incredible, at night the bridges and castle was illuminated. Breathtaking.... We were able to walk to almost all of the sights from this location. There are several very good restaurants in the area.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to post a review with regards to your recent stay with us.

I am delighted to see that you had such an enjoyable stay and that you enjoyed your guestroom and the personal attention the team provided.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed April 13, 2014

Spent two nights at this nice hotel. Great property in a fantastic location - right by the river! Spectacular view directly from guestrooms! Well decorated guestrooms - fully renovated and modernly furnished. Beautiful club lounge with 270 degree view of the bridges, palace, monuments and everything..... and food/drink to premier members is all free. Restaurant on site is spacious and very trendy looking, clearly a hot spot in town! Service at all levels is great - the usual Marriott high standard.

Budapest is a wonderful city and many good things to see. With the satisfying experience at Marriott Budapest, I will most definitely consider returning to this hotel again!

• Trip type: Travelled on business

I am most pleased to read that you had a wonderful stay recently!
Thank you for your comments and rest assured I will be sure to share with the entire team.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future and thank you once again,

Kindest regards,

Reviewed April 13, 2014

The location of this hotel is excellent - a short walk to Vaci Street which is the main pedestrian street in Budapest, with cafes, shopping, and great people-watching. Another five minutes to catch the Deák Ferenc tér Metro stop which connects the 3 subway lines in the city.

Beautiful river views, especially at night - the bridges are lit up and you can see Mathias Church and the palace on Castle Hill, which is stunning.

My major complaint was that our room was over a nightclub or bar or restaurant of some sort, which played relatively loud music until at least midnight every night - it was loud enough for me to recognize Miley Cyrus's voice (which was unfortunate in its own right), and kept me awake for a bit. I would certainly stay here again but would make sure to request a north-facing room.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank MissNeuron

Thank you for your recent review here on TripAdvisor, your comments are sincerely appreciated.
I must apologize for the issues you experienced with regards to loud music.
I have spoken to our housekeeping and front desk staff to discuss these issues as we do not have a bar at the south part of the building.
Thank you once again for your commets and I do hope to welcome you back again in the future.

Best regards,