1,798 results
All reviewsparliament buildingchain bridgebuda sidethe rivermusic roomfree afternoon teabelgian barmade to order eggsfloor to ceiling windowstram stopcorner roomsmall hotellit up at nightbreakfast roomwithin walking distancetop floorcastle hill
Reviewed May 12, 2012

This 4 star hotel has, what I believe, is the best view in Budapest. It sits right on the Buda side of the Danube just north of the Chain Bridge. At night looking out the picture window of our room it appears as if we were in an enchanted land. The lit up Parliament building is to the left, the Chain Bridge to the right, and the boats going up and down the Danube are right in front of you. In addition to the view the hotel staff are very helpful, the breakfasts are very good as well, and the rooms havfe modern appointments. There is free Wi-Fi. And best of all, it is not very expensive. If you like to walk quickly you can get to the Pest side in less than 15 minutes; slow walkers take 20 minutes. And why rush however- it's Budapest. This was our fourth or fifth stay at this hotel in the past 15 years and it has never disappointed us.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed May 8, 2012

We just returned from beautiful Budapest .We only had a weekend to spend ,so we wanted a Hotel near all the major sites of interest .Hotel Victoria proved to be ideal ,since everything was not only in walking distance ,but you could see Danube ,the Parliament and the Chain Bridge from your room .If it had a balcony ,you wouldn't even had to go out at night ,since a restaurant or a bar with such a view could be hard to find .The staff was quite helpful too .Definitely worth staying there .

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed May 8, 2012

I knew I was going to love this hotel based on the reviews and photos on this site--and I was right. Apparently, the rooms have undergone a recent make-over because they look remarkably updated then shown in the previous photos. I had a corner room on the 2nd floor with a remarkable view. I'd previously read that being on a higher floor gave you a better view and helped lessen the traffic noise, but I honestly I wasn't disturbed by the traffic at all. Maybe it's because I live in a major city and have become used to noise pollution.

The service was outstanding, and the breakfast spread looked inviting. However, I don't eat breakfast so I can't provide a review on it's taste. Also, the hotel is perfectly situated near some pretty good restaurants.

I really enjoyed my stay here, and I highly recommend this hotel to others.

Room Tip: Choose a corner room.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
Zoltan_Palmai_Jr., General Manager at Boutique Hotel Victoria Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2012

Dear bgray5267,

We would like to return our thanks for the trustfulness and we are pleased for you choosing us!

When reading such opinion, we do think that in spite of the poor general economic situation it was worthwhile to realize the complete refurbishment of our hotel.

We did and do make all of our best effort to serve our guests with not just the remarkable panoramic view, but also with taking care for the well-equipped rooms and bathrooms and as well to stand for the adequate attitude of our staff to bring out the best.

We are kindly waiting to see you again!

Zoltan Palmai Jr.

Reviewed May 4, 2012

From the moment we entered the hotel, we found everyone very efficient and friendly. We have never checked in and received our room key so quickly. As we opened our door the view that greeted us out of the window really had a "Wow" factor - the Danube, Parliament, St Stephen's Basilica and Szechenyi Bridge. We didn't think it could get any better, but, when all the lights went on in the city, it did. The location of the hotel is ideal as it is on the quieter Buda side with only a short walk over to Pest. A good breakfast, served by pleasant staff, was included in the price we paid. The hotel was great value for money and we couldn't fault it. We travel widely and have never written a review before, Abut this hotel is definitely worth writing home about!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank HJS71
Zoltan_Palmai_Jr., General Manager at Boutique Hotel Victoria Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2012

Dear HJS71,

We are glad to hear that we inspired you of writing a review at a very first time ! Let us thank you for staying with us and for taking your time to leave a generous comment and for sharing your good experiences with the Tripadvisor readers and other travellers. We wish you all the best and we hope that we can greet you here in Budapest at another time again !

Zoltan Palmai Jr.

Reviewed April 17, 2012

I just cross Hungary to go to Italy from Romania and I was looking for a hotel to sleep one night. I didn't know anythingh about him, but , the hotel , was just wonderfull. A very good accomodation, a great view and the breakfast is excellent. I thruely recommand you to stay here for oane night or maybe more.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family