6,135 results
All reviews chain bridge paris restaurant luxury room river view club room famous chain perfect location breakfast buffet excellent hotel buda castle royal palace across the river the executive lounge an upgrade christmas market junior suite four seasons
Reviewed February 21, 2010

First off all: DO NOT change money at airoport. I changed €500 and losted €40. Is better in any bureau de change at the center of Pest.
About Sofitel: good hotel, large room, good bathroom although the shower water does not have a constant temperaturs, very clean, staff very nice and always available to provide information and very central. Taxis that are in front of the hotel door are not that expensive compared to what we can get on the street and your comfort is much higher. I reserved with yeego.com I think that the price was very good - € 400, one room, 3 adults with breakfast.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with family
SofitelBudapestGR, The Guest Relations Team at Sofitel Budapest Chain Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2010

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your positive comments and share your experience with us and other readers of Tripadvisor.
We appreciate your kind feedback regarding the bathroom, we take the comments of our guests very seriously and we always try to provide an excellent personalised service.
We were more than glad that you were satisfied with our comfortable taxis; as well as with the up-to- date and kind colleagues of our.

We honestly hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back at our hotel as soon as possible.

The Hotel Management

Reviewed February 11, 2010

I was very disappointed only because I expected a "real" Sofitel. The hotel is dated, and the rooms that they claim have been renovated look like there out of the 1970s. I asked to be moved because I didn't believe them that my room was renovated. They took me to another "renovated" room and it was in the same dilapidated condition. I saw a total of 3 rooms--one smelled like urine, the other had a mildew smell in the bathroom, and the last one was Ok, but just a little dirty. Some of the help was friendly.

They ordered me an overpriced car service. I told them I wanted a cab (so I could pay just the regular fare which is half-price of the car service). They then told me that they are sending a "cab" and that they were able to get us the same fare (i.e. double price) as the car service. How nice of them that they would do that. Made me feel like a special customer. I'll remember that Sofitel.

The hotel also nickled-and-dimed us. I walked into the business center to use the computer and some hotel employee immediately approached me. "Can I help you," he said. He asked me what I wanted to do and started telling me that EVERYTHING (e.g. checking email, printing, surfing, etc...) costs money.

Oh and this is the best. I wanted to show the hotel employee the picture of the room on the website of the hotel that looks really nice (and really renovated)--because that's the condition that I thought my room would be in. They looked at the picture and quickly told me that that was "the suite" and it was the only ONE room in the entire hotel that looked like that. So the hotel's website is deceiving because it doesn't say that at all. And I just assumed that there were many rooms like that which look brand new and clean. Shame on me I guess.

I read some of the positive reviews on this site and I'm baffled. Perhaps my expectations were too high or perhaps the other posters don't mind the conditions.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank Guy71
SofitelBudapestGR, The Hotel Management at Sofitel Budapest Chain Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2010

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your feedback concerning your stay at Sofitel Budapest and taking the time to post your comments.
We are extremely sorry that we had no chance to discuss your comments here on site personaly; we would have liked to know which room you stayed in to be able to follow it up.

Concerning the conditions of the rooms, they are renovated from the 5th floor upwards, we were glad to read that at least you were shown 3 other rooms and that our Reception team could help you kindly.

We do apologise that you were baffled by our pictures presented on our web-site. We kindly inform you that the different type of room names appear in the right bottom corner on every picture in the photo gallery.
We are really sorry that you were not satisfied with the decoration and style of our rooms.

Regarding our taxis, we are always glad to call any taxi company the guests wish to travel with but we want to make sure that all cars at the hotel have the same level of service all the time.

According to our hotel policy the first ten minutes are free of charge in our Business Center for the usage of our computers ( e.g. checking mails, surfing on Internet...) and also for the printage of the first 5 pages; any other costs are correctly shown on an information board next to the computers.

Please be assured that the involved department Managers have been informed and the raised issues are being discussed which will help us in all ongoing efforts to improve our rooms and our services.

Thank you again for sharing your experiences.

The Management

Reviewed February 7, 2010

The up side is the location.

The downside is:
- the breakfast (pretty poor, everything is set up for frying eggs, but nobody is actually there…)
- the water in the room(hot-cold-hot-cold, so you actually get your morning workout jumping in and out of the shower)
- the air condition / ventilation (very noisy, pretty cold…)
- the huge number of prostitutes in the area, making it kind of impossible for a single man to walk around in peace
- the fact that they only allow their own taxies to pick up people. The price is double up comparing to the normal taxies.
-they charge you for internet use

I was also a bit surprised that they consistently refuse to upgrade people, even when the hotel is almost empty. The want more than 20EUR extra for “river view”…

Stayed: February 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank MarcoPoloDenmark
SofitelBudapestGR, The Management at Sofitel Budapest Chain Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2010

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to post your comments.
We are extremely sorry that we had no chance to dicsuss your comments here on site especially that we just have installed a new water pressure intensifier equipment and we would have liked to know which room you stayed in to be able to follow it up.

For your kind information we have sent a letter concerning your points about the area as we beleive this problem might influence not only our establishment.

Concerning that taxis, we are always pleased to call any taxi company the guests are asking for but we want to make sure that all cars at the hotel have the same level of service all the time.

Please be assured that the raised issues are being reviewed and discussed together with the Management team. We do take all comments very seriously and share them with our staff, so we may solve any and all issues.

Again, thank you for your comments, which will help us in all ongoing efforts to improve our service.

The Hotel Management

Reviewed January 22, 2010

My travel agent recommended me to book Sofitel. We arrived late at night and we bought all package, including the transportation from the airport. Everything was so effective
and happening very smoothly, very good service. The hotel was very quiet when we arrived as it was around 12 oclock midnight. The lobby is very imposant it stroke us on the first look. We got a view over Danube and Bridge, but it was only after that we learned that
the lights are switched off at midnight, so we could profit from this view only the other day.
Budapest has a very special atmosphere and the hotel complemented to it very much. We think that you really have to stay at the bank of the Danube as it is a must in Budapest. We tried the hotel restaurant, excellent and very delicious food at reasonable rates. And the best thing was that I am very conscious about my health and food habbits
and they had a fitness menu that week,so I felt like it was specially made for me as I always suffer when travelling, I tried the beetrot soup which was just unforgettable. I found it a very good idea, also they had a jogging map in the room. Really kinky . Well reccommended...

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled with friends
SofitelBudapestGR, The Management at Sofitel Budapest Chain Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2010

Dear Guest,

We would like to honestly thank you for these nice lines about your stay in Sofitel Budapest Chain Brdige!
We were glad to read that you liked the style of the hotel, the favourable location and the smooth service provided at your arrival.
We were also happy to read that you liked the brand new Fittness Menu of our Paris Budapest Restaurant ( especially the beetrot soup) and the jogging map prepared in the room.
Many thanks for your so nice feedback and we do hope to welcome you back at our hotel in the near future!

The Management

Reviewed January 22, 2010

Excellent hotel with immaculate rooms and attentive, friendly staff. Superb position by the river and convenient for shopping.

Stayed: January 2010, travelled on business
SofitelBudapestGR, The Management at Sofitel Budapest Chain Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2010

Dear Guest,

We were delighted to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us at the Sofitel Budapest Chain Bridge.
We are pleased to hear that your stay was agreable and that you were satisfied not only with the hotel’s location, but with the staff as well.

We do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back at Sofitel Budapest in the near future.

Kind regards,