“Uncompromising” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 342 Hotels in Budapest
milano
“Uncompromising”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2012

STRUCTURE: beautiful building overlooking the Danube, one of the most beautiful buildings where it has stayed. Renovation of a thousand and one nights.
LOBBYING: refined beauty, elegant, spacious, like a museum.
ROOMS: beautiful panorama of the Danube, a small terrace where you can have breakfast room, not too big but with everything needed for a pleasant stay. Soft colors, elegant furnishings, large marble bathroom with tub and separate shower.
RESTAURANT: excellent from all points of view. Restaurant with great atmosphere and furnishings, impeccable service, excellent with every course. We had dinner three nights of what was good.
SWIMMING: top floor overlooking the rooftops, jacuzzy separate, sauna and turkish bath. Pool design very interesting.
PERSONAL: the entire staff was courteous, polite and professional.
OVERALL: One of the best four seasons and certainly the best hotel in Budapest.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
YvesGiacometti, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Gresham Palace, responded to this review, 26 March 2012
I would like to thank you for your generous feedback regarding your stay at Four Seasons Gresham Palace in January 2012. I appreciate you taking your time to share your experience with all the readers and for taking them on a virtual tour around our Hotel. I was delighted to see that you were pleased with the architecture and the décor. Thank you for pointing out your memorable dining experience and the professional approach of the staff, it will be a great pleasure to share your compliments with all of them.

Yves Giacometti

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (572)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Dublin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2012

Stunning hotel, excellent location and outstanding staff (particularly the very knowledgable concierge team).

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank ruborland
Thank you for your kind feedback regarding your recent stay at Four Seasons Gresham Palace. I was very happy to read that you were satisfied with the location of the Hotel and the services provided by our staff, particularly by our knowledgeable Concierge team.

Best regards,

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2012

Amazing building and view from the room! The staff was very helpful as well! The breakfast and food was the best! Great location and I would love to come back!

2 Thank tinkerbell_edi
YvesGiacometti, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Gresham Palace, responded to this review, 14 March 2012
Thank you for your kind feedback posted on Tripadvisor regarding your recent stay at Four Seasons Gresham Palace.
I was extremely happy to read that you were impressed with our magnificent Palace and that you enjoyed your dining experience.

Amman, Jordan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2012

Beautiful interior, great service, and relatively cheap compared to counterparts in other countries.

Palos Verdes Estates, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2012

Budapest is an expensive European City and the Four Seasons Gresham is no exception. But if you have the $$, it is worth every penny. A Four Seasons in every respect it is an architecturally interesting and esthetically pleasing property in a great location. We had a delux room on an upper floor in the front of the hotel that gave us a superb view of the bridge, river and Pest side of the city with its illuminated palace and government buildings. A pleasure to view and night and to wake up to in the morning. The room also had a small balcony which enhanced the experience.

Service was impecable in every respect, just as one would expect at a Four Seasons.

Our rate included breakfast in the restaurant each morning and both the buffet and the menu items were excellent in every respect, as was the service.

The location is perfect for getting everywhere there is to get to in a brief stay (3 days in our case).

No complaints at all, not even little ones, not even a quibble. One does not get to say that very often when traveling.

A wonderful hotel experience in a wonderful city. We would not consider staying anywhere else if we were to return to Budapest.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank noclvrname
YvesGiacometti, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Gresham Palace, responded to this review, 4 March 2012
I would like to thank you for your kind feedback regarding your stay at Four Seasons Gresham Palace in April 2011. I was delighted to read that you appreciated the architecture of the Palace and the stunning views from your room. Thank you for your generous comments about your dining experience and the service provided by our staff, it will be a pleasure to share your remarks with them.

Best regards,

Athens, Greece
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2012

We visited Budapest two weeks ago for a three night stay and everything was perfect.

I did contact the hotel in order to sort out some things prior to our arrival as this was suppose to be a "special occasion". The Concierge was very helpful with sorting out airport transfers, forwarding my reservation request to the restaurant manager and some small touches.

Upon arrival at BUD airport our driver was waiting for us, he was really kind and it was one of the few times that we didn't experience any awkward moments (maybe it's just me but happens a lot).

Upon arrival at the hotel the hotel's staff was expecting us at the front door. They escorted us to our room where we actually checked in there. Our room was a Deluxe Danube view room on the 4th floor. The view was magnificent.

Breakfast was excellent at the Gresham restaurant and the staff there was really kind. Concierge provided us with a "bag" that had essentials like slippers, towels and toiletries for the thermal baths which really nice.

Concierge was really good and they were able to sort out last minute requests. For example I forgot to order flowers for the Valentine's day and when on the same morning I remembered it, I ask them if it is possible to send flowers right now, before my girlfriend finishes her breakfast. They did it successfully and after 45 minutes when we went to out room the flowers were there.

I cannot praise the property enough for the quality of the offerings that they have, but for me the small touches count. I really liked something that many guests may not find it that important (but shows the quality of the service).

Every day I was waking up at 07:00, which is late for the free coffee that they do serve at the lobby (05.30-07.00) and too early for my girlfriend :) . So, as I wanted to have breakfast with her, I was making my way to the Gresham restaurant and I was asking for a take-away cup of coffee. The staff was happy to provide it, without asking which room number and things like that, most importantly the second day they didn't ask me how I would like my coffee, they were able to remember it.

As a hotel owner, I really know how much difficult are those details and I really appreciate it, those small things show the quality to the service.

Room Tip: Book a Danube view
8 Thank Potakas
Thank you for choosing Four Seasons Gresham Palace for this special occasion and for your kind feedback posted on Tripadvisor regarding your stay. I was delighted to read that you were pleased with our facilities and that you and your girlfriend had a memorable stay. I am glad that you appreciated the small touches that make great service. Our aim is to provide a personalized experience for each and every one of our guests and I am happy to know that we succeeded.
Thank you for pointing out the efficient and attentive service provided by our staff, especially the Concierge and Gresham Restaurant, I will take great pleasure in sharing your compliments with them.

Sofia, Bulgaria
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2012

The hotel is located very well, by the river Danube. Very good restaurants with nice Hungarian Cusine. Very interesting sites - churches, castles, baths.

1 Thank Marina V
YvesGiacometti, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Gresham Palace, responded to this review, 2 March 2012
I would like to thank you for your feedback posted on Tripadvisor regarding your recent stay at Four Seasons Hotel Gresham Palace. I was happy to read that you were pleased with our location and the services provided by our staff and that you enjoyed your stay in Budapest.