2,926 results
All reviews train station big hotel hop on hop public transport city buses hungary underground danube sights europe
Reviewed April 4, 2018

The chairs in the room can be cleaner, also basic bathroom needs such as slippers, toothbrush and lotion could be provided complimentary. More deodorant in the smoking rooms and more English speaking channels on TV would be good.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
DHFrontOfficeManager, Vezető at Hotel Hungaria City Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2018

Dear sinansotheremail,

First of all, I would like to tell you how grateful I am for your honest review. For us it is extremely important to get a feedback from our dear guests.
I hope that you had such a nice time in Hotel Hungaria City Center, also I hope that we could meet the expectations you had concerning our lovely hotel. Thank you for your remarks that you wrote down about our lovely hotel, we will consider everything you suggested to meet the high expectations of our dear visitors.

It would be amazing to host you again one day in our hotel, we will wait you in the future as well.

Warm regards,

Reviewed April 4, 2018

Good location, amazing and friendly staff, bit more cleaning needed in the toilets. In general nice experience, and I would stay again there for sure if enough spaces to book the room. Breakfast was ok, but not on the level that i would expect for Hungarian food, so this is also something that management could take into consideration, at the end of the day you are named by the country, so you should be representative hotel also :)

• Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Zoltan M,

Let me say thank you for taking the time and the effort to write a review about our hotel on Tripadvisor.

I am so glad that you had a pleasant time in Hotel Hungaria City Center, I hope that you will choose our high standard hotel as your accommodation next time as well. It felt especially amazing that you highlighted the excellent location of the building, it is really easy to get to any point of our beautiful capital from here. Furthermore, it made me delighted as well that you noticed the professionalism of our workers. However, I would like to say sorry for your discomfort concerning the breakfast, we will take notes about your remarks and recommendations.

We are looking forward very much to hosting you again in Hotel Hungaria City Center, we will always wait you with warm welcome.

All the best,

Reviewed April 3, 2018

Our travel agent booked for us the Hotel Hungaria City Center, a very large and comfortable hotel.
The rooms we received for our party were large, comfy, well equipped.
The breakfast room is huge, with a buffet style breakfast.
We also had one evening dinner there and it was served in the same large room and also a buffet style "eat as much as you want".
All in all, our party had no complaints on our stay.

Room tip: Always ask to see the room(s) first, so you have a greater choice
Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
DHFrontOfficeManager, Vezető at Hotel Hungaria City Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2018

Dear 4x6kj,

Let me first express my appreciation for having chosen our hotel and for taking the time to share your honest review with us.
I genuinely hope that you were enriched by dozens of beautiful memories here and that you will return to us again in the future to have some new ones. I am glad you liked our varied and delicious breakfast. It is good to read that, you found the rooms clean and well-equipped, large and comfortable.
I would be honored if you chose our hotel again in the future so we would have the chance to better serve you.

Best regards,
Csapó Béla

Reviewed April 2, 2018 via mobile

We were for 4 days at the hotel, the room wasn't clean, although we threw the towels after 2 days on the floor they didn't change it, and even hung them back... We asked for restaurants recommendations and they gave only one which they are used to work with... This is a 4****hotel....

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Arela H,
I would like to thank you very much for taking the time and the effort to share your opinion about our hotel on Tripadvisor.

On the one hand, it filled us with great happiness that you chose our hotel as your accommodation, we hope that you had a nice time here and that overall you left our hotel with nice feelings. On the other hand, we would like to sincerely apologise for the inconveniences you experienced, you can be completely sure that we will take into consideration everything you said and take the appropriate measures.
It would be really nice to have the possibility of welcoming you again in our hotel, we will do our best to win your pleasure.

Yours faithfully,
Csapó Béla

Reviewed April 2, 2018

Could do with a bit of a facelift. Very dated decor including woodchip wallpaper. The overall cleaniness was good and the breakfast was acceptable. Found that overal location wasnt great and had to either walk quite far pr taxi to the nice restaurants and bars

• Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear stevenball1979,

Thank you for taking the time to share your honest review about your recent visit in Hotel Hungaria City Center.

I am extremely happy to see that you liked the breakfast and that you found the hotel properly cleaned. However, I am sorry to read that we could not live up to your expectations in every aspect. Hereby, let me draw your kind attention that our building is one of most historical ones in Budapest, therefore we would like to honour its fame with not entirely modernising it, since it would lose its identity and old charm. Though, your feedback is recommedation is really appreciated as we strive to improve with every stay and our valued guests’ comments are the best compasses for us how to do so.

In spite of your mixed feelings, I truly hope we will have the chance to welcome you back to our hotel in the not distant future.

Best regards,