See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed May 10, 2015

Very helpful staff, clean rooms and excellent food. Only problem was there was no lift and this can be problematic for more elderly guests. You would need to ensure that you booked a room on the ground floor.

Date of stay: April 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed May 8, 2015 via mobile

I found the hotel great, the facilities were great and location great due to my friends and family around the area, the hotel is at least 40 minutes walk away from the mammut mall and 20 minutes walk away from mom park and a steep walk back up hill. The hotel is known for being close to dental and surgery. The receptionist are friendly and really helpful

Date of stay: May 2015
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Mazhar H
Reviewed January 17, 2015

It was everything t said nothing less and staff wonderful. we were there in spring but weather was good it was nice to sit outside with coffees after breakfast. and the breakfast was excellent. And very very friendly and helpful staff

Room tip: ask for honeymoon suite
Date of stay: February 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed December 27, 2014

The hotel's in the Buda hills but easy to get to, go to Ujbuda Kozpont (M4 or tram 4) then bus 53 and it's down the road opposite the bus stop. Check-in is usually 3pm, but I arrived early and 2pm check-in was fine (check-out is ~11am). Helpful receptionist showed me to my room in the second building.

The second building had no lift but for me it was just one flight of stairs.

Room was immaculate, warm, had an air-conditioning unit which would be useful in summer. Double bed was comfortable, two types of pillow, instead of a duvet it was just a duvet cover with some thin blanket in it. There were two spare warm blankets in the cupboard, which I definitely needed! There was a mini bar, not expensive, but I didn't use it. There was a small TV with international channels including English and German (e.g. BBC).There was a balcony which would be nice in summer, maybe a higher floor would have a better view of Budapest because my view was mainly of the buildings opposite. The bathroom was nice, most of it very modern, it had a shower not bath and the shampoo and soap were in dispensers not individual bottles which I didn't mind. It had very high water pressure and the hot water was very hot. Only issue was the plumbing was quite noisy, you could hear when a tap or shower was being used in the next room.

Breakfast was fine, a selection of hams/salamis, pastries, bread, jam that looked home-made, two types of juice (one was orange, I think the other was grapefruit), a selection of teas, hard boiled eggs, salad.

I only had dinner there one night, I had the fish soup (served nicely, see photo), cinnamon pancakes, and the lemonade. All fresh and all very good quality. When I booked they had an offer of 15% off meals in the restaurant, if you book a room on their own website.

Check-out was 11am and my coach to London (yes, coach!) was 3.30pm so they stored my suitcase for me in a secure room for free while I spent my final few hours in Budapest.

Room tip: The second building, not the one with reception, seems nicer. My photos are of room 18 in the second building.
Date of stay: December 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed December 12, 2014

Very nice and calm hotel with very lazy and not very friendly staff!!! Not all the receptionists speak English properly well! On the ceiling lamp there was a huge layer of dust and only in tree days it was at last cleaned! One of us had a birthday party while staying and nevertheless we said it at the reception in advance - nobody of the staff even said Happy birthday not saying about piece of cake! Wi-Fi was not good at all! And in one of the evenings disappeared at all till morning! Everything would be great if the hotel staff was a little bit professional one!!!
Warm smile always helps!!!

Room tip: Tripple room is too small for three adults in it!!!
Date of stay: December 2014