“"We don't have that"”

Hotel Molnar Budapest
Ranked #116 of 196 Budapest B&B and Inns
Reviewed 23 June 2017

Hello there.
I will try to list the pros and cons of this hotel and finally conclude on my findings.

Pros
The hotel is very beautiful. It certainly got charm.
Decent location close to buses and a cable train station. The location is also close to some very nice restaurants.

Cons
My family and I arrived at the hotel around dinner time and we were extremely hungry after 8 hours by car. When we ask for the menu card (please note that the front of the hotel says it got a restaurant), the receptionist informs us that they have no kitchen currently. But we should not be afraid because the hotel could recommend another restaurant, which they worked together with.

Later that night we wanted something to drink. In the meantime, a new receptionist had has taken over. When we ask for some Cola Zero, which we had earlier, they were out. They were also out of coffee (they didn't even have a machine) and hot chocolate. We then agreed to get something else, but the receptionist was apparently not licensed to serve us because my old father had to balance four bottles and glasses on a small tray.

You and your family have to sign a document with all sort of personal information. All members of my family were asked to provide our address, our emails, our phone numbers and so on. I'm pretty convinced they will use the information for advertisement, but let's just say that is wasted effort.

The rooms (which you had to climb a very small and steep staircase to get to) only had a standing fan to help cool us off with. It had three settings: Fast, very fast and hurricane. We had to point it towards the wall so we would not get sick. The rooms were extremely hot (granted that there were around 40 degrees outside during our stay).

The receptionists can be hard to get into contact with. We waited around 10 minutes get into contact with a receptionist. We would most likely have had to wait longer if my father hadn't gone to the kitchen and gotten their help to locate the missing receptionist.

Conclusion:
The hotel was okay for the price, but it certainly got its fair share of problems. My family and I were very disappointed with the service. If you only have to stay a few days, the hotel will suffice. But longer stays is not recommended. I would also avoid coming during the summer, as the rooms are very hot at night.
Thank you for reading my review.

Room Tip: Make sure to get a room at the bottom.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Traps_LoL

Reviewed 3 June 2017 via mobile

No idea how to start this review as hotel has such potential but Owner/Manager seems to leave staff consisting of three males to run everything.Each one tries there best.
I changed rooms as dark and no views and knowing I would be spending several hours in it felt a balcony essential.The room I was changed to had side view absolutely super.
But lack of restaurant in the day proved to be a nightmare as taxis hard to order.Nearest restaurant 25 mins walk on a hill.Only breakfast served which was adequate.No kettle tea/coffee in the room.Light broke.Hairdryer overheated couldn't use.
Location near to dentists which was my reason for visiting was perfect but if I need to go back sadly not here.Such a shame as could be top notch.
A big thanks to staff for trying to rectify problems.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank Julie H
Reviewed 17 May 2017

It is second time when I stop in this hotel. And I can told that both time was excelent. Nice large rooms with really great view to city. Hotel is situated on hill and in the morning all Budapest its like in your palm. Like this cite, and this hotel!

Room Tip: best view, nice prices
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 April 2017 via mobile

I been in this hotel for 3 nights and i need to say, stuff was very very friendly. Guys hellp me with a lot of informations how to travel in Budapest. Guys deserve 5 stars! But rooms is not so good. Stairs is loud and you can hear every steps and whit baby, this is very annoying, belive me! And even more annoying is the toillet. Toillet is so loud like train in the underground. I know who go to toillet in the whole hotel, you can hear splash of water in every room and also my baby notice that. Rooms furniture is old but still good and breakfast is ok nothing special. Budapest is great recomended!

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Vid V
Reviewed 9 February 2017

Everything was perfect. It was 6 km far from city center but location was perfect. Very silent and interesting place and at night you can see Budapest from the hill. Staff was very friendly and helpfull. Breakfast was also perfect.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 February 2017

This hotel was suggested to me by my German friend because of its location considering the short time I was there, late January 2017 on business. I loved the place, quiet area, 100 m bus stop to tram and train connection to City Center. Best way to travel in Budapest in my opinion. Near by excellent restaurants.
The hotel room was very spacious, huge bed, powerful shower. well stocked mini bar. Friendly, efficient staff, great breakfast. Late January was cold, and the best part for me was the sauna.. 5 euro for one hour! Free wifi, free car park, although I did not need to park. I shall return again.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 December 2016

We Took a trip with a hockey team and Hotel Molnar was a great place to stay. When we told them, they had extra food for breakfast for the players. The staff was very helpful with anything we needed. The rooms were good.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business