“Beautiful city break to Budapest”

Leonardo Hotel Budapest
Ranked #117 of 342 Hotels in Budapest
Sibiu, Romania
“Beautiful city break to Budapest”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

We went to Budapest on 26th of march for 4 nights.Our staying there was perfect.Clean hotel,our room was cleaned every day and the breakfast (that was included in our trip cost) was awesome!!!Big variety of fuits, cold and warm appetizers, tea,coffe,hot chocolate,etc.We liked the hotel very much.Plus,it was situaded about 5 min. walk to the metro station.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
  • Czech first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Nis, Serbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2012

It is very nice hotel on good location, 15 minutes walk to the Vaci street. For that money I was more then satisfied. Staff was polite, room was clean, breakfast fresh, free wifi. For a short stays (up to 4 nights) great!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Bojan M
New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2011

The Hotel Leonardo was a welcome sight at the end of a long day of sightseeing. My husband and I stayed here as part of a package booked with Gate 1 travel. The rooms are tiny (by American standards) but have everything you need and are clean-which is what matters most to me. The hotel is about a 15 minute walk to the Market Hall and Vaci Utca however there is a tram and metro stop only 2 blocks away. Its location outside the city center was ideal in that we enjoyed a quiet, non-crowded location that was still close enough to all the attractions. Walking from the hotel to the city center also provides a richer experience as you get to see more of the city and its different neighborhoods.

We ate at the hotel restaurant for dinner 2 nights and the goulash was the best! I think I ate goulash everyday for lunch in some capacity and this was by far the most flavorful. The prices were a bit higher than you might pay elsewhere but the food was fantastic and worth the convenience. The breakfast buffet was also very good. Lots of variety and a great way to start each day.

The front desk staff was always very friendly, professional, and helpful-from giving us directions to the metro to recommendations for dinner. Their English was perfect and they even humored me when I tried to speak a little Hungarian.

Again-the Leonardo was 1 of 3 choices provided through our travel agency. Would a stay at the four seasons be more luxurious? Probably. It would also be very expensive. I came to see Budapest not sit in my room and the Leonardo was the perfect place to stay for the value, location, and service provided.

Room Tip: Our room faced the street but it was very quiet with little traffic.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank gak146
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2011

We stayed for 3 nights and we were more than happy with the quality of the hotel. We booked through laterooms and paid only £106 for 3 nights. Upon arriving, the hotel upgraded our room for free as we had just got married and we recieved 2 free drinks which was very thoughtful.
It is a little out of the way so be prepared to do lots of walking.
Very friendly and clean hotel!

• Stayed November 2011
2 Thank Adri4295
Barcelona
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2011

I was there for 3 nights. The room is very small. The TV commander doesn't works and they didn't fix it in my stay. I stay all the nights with the same TV channel. The bathroom was small too. Moreover, for a double bed they have two blankets, one for each person. it was strange... The advantage is that hotel has free wifi and it's clean.

The breakfast was not spectacular. One night, I have dinner in the restaurant and it was goo, maybe, a bit expensive.

Finally, the hotel is located not near of the center.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
5 Thank Sergi_Cat80

Travellers are raving about these Budapest hotels

GREECE&CYPRUS
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 2,919 helpful votes
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2011

We spent 2 nights at this hotel while in Prague, with a group of 42 other friends and returned some days later for another night. We were told by the tour agency that it was a Ramada hotel, but when we arrived I found out that it has joined the Leonardo group of Hotels a couple of weeks ago, so I guess my comments might be the first as a Leonardo Hotel from now on.

Upon arrival we were greeted with a welcome drink. (A small glass of orange juice.)

We had our room upgraded the first two nights and we were given a nice suite on the 6th floor. (# 602) It was very comfortable and cozy. One con here though was our bed which was extremely soft. So soft, that I had to check if it was a water bed. The slightest move of the hand can wake up the person sleeping next to you.
I have to admit that some people in our group had however extremely small rooms the first two nights, and I thought they were exaggerating. They were talking about rooms like dungeons and I asked to see one. They were right, the rooms were extremely small, but they were given better rooms the last night when we returned from Prague. It seems that the really cheaper rooms are the smallest. Four nights later when we returned here, we were given room # 443. This new room did not have of course the dimensions of the suite we previously had, neither was it the smallest room. It was a normal size room, nice and comfortable for that one night. Actually the whole group had the same size of room this time. I believe the size depends on what you pay.
The towels in the bathroom were bright white, as well as the cover bedspread. Air conditioning and the mini bar in our room were working fine. No bad comments here. I asked my friends for any bad comments and nobody had to say anything negative.

Breakfast was more than adequate with omelets, sausages with nice mustard, yoghurt, fruit salad, variety of cakes, cheese and ham and oatmeal porridge. There was an incident during dinner the second night, but after I talked with Mr. Mustafa Osman the Restaurant Manager who was very polite, he did his very best to please us all. So, here I suggest that if you are not satisfied with anything, the thing you should do is to kindly talk about the problem with the person in charge and not just ignore it. In this way the hotel people will be informed and if you really talk and convince them, believe me, they will do whatever they can to make things up for you. Only ask politely. If we guests don’t comment on the cons we find with the right people, then the hotel cannot be improved, and I believe this is what the hotel people are after here.

We were on H/B basis, so we had our dinners here. One negative here and comment from all 42 people of our group was the high cost of wine and beer. The small glass of beer costs 4 euro, and a bottle of wine is approximately 15 euro. This was the impression of all 42 people in the group.

There is internet access for free on the ground floor but I could not connect my laptop while there even if I was given a code. Only once I had access from my suite but just once. There is only one computer by the entrance door but you cannot use it for long unless there is nobody else who wishes to use it. Otherwise you have to be brief, just check e mails. I usually worked early in the morning or late at night when there was nobody else waiting.

The hotel is in a quiet neighborhood not far from the city centre. There are shops in the round area, -a small square with one or two coffee shops and a pub just opposite the hotel.
I highly recommend this hotel, and I would gladly return here if I ever visit Prague again.

Room Tip: Suite #602 was comfortable and cozy, Room #443 was not big but ok.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
4 Thank greekcypriot2009
ExecutiveLHB, Executive of General Manager at Leonardo Hotel Budapest, responded to this review, 27 September 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor.com regarding your stay at Leonardo Hotel Budapest.
We appreciate your valuable and detailed comment.
Your remarks are important to us and will enable us to improve the quality of our services and performance in a metter to satisfy our guest's needs and expectations.
We hope to welcome you again in our hotel in the near future for a very pleasant stay!

With warm regards,