All reviewskeleti stationheroes' squaremini bar issimple hotelminute walksingle roomstay there againpublic transportfresh towelsbreakfast was deliciousvery nice stayrooms are bigquiet areaclean roomswithin walking distancetourist attractionsexcellent hotel
Reviewed January 19, 2014

The hotel is nice, if you are not demanding much. The best that we got from it is a free welcome drink fortunately in the center direction named Lado. This was wonderful charming place with a live jazz music and great food and in addition extremely pleasant stuff. The breakfast is nothing special..there is no any vegetables and natural yogurts..but than the price per night was not big, so you can live with that..the hotel main advantage is train station closeness..hotel is approx. 25-30 min walk to chain bridge..15 min to New York caffe, but than again You can easily walk till Varosliget...

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed November 27, 2013

A great hotel, clean, warm and a great breakfast. Good location, not far from the Eastern Railway Stn with access to the Metro and buses. Half an hour walk to the river. Staff very friendly, receptionist recommended Paprika for dinner which was a 7 min walk from the hotel - good Hungarian food, lots of it and at a great price. Would return to this hotel.

Room Tip: Corner rooms large, we had 208
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
StarCityHotelManager, General Manager at Star City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2013

Dear Guest "jwood_47",

Thank you very much for your kind review. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay in Star City Hotel, liked the breakfast and our staff could help you to find out where are the good places to visit or to eat.
I hope that we could contribute to your memorable stay in Budapest and we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel again soon.

Reviewed September 18, 2013

A very good hotel always clean with good staff and good breakfast. Prices were very good, would go back again. It is based close to the city centre and the main railway station, it is also close to the new West End shopping centre which is good valuefor your money. There are also plenty of street cafe's available in the evening and the food and service here is very good and good value.

Room Tip: Apply early as tends to get booked up.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
StarCityHotelManager, General Manager at Star City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2013

Dear Guest 'david2013712',

Thank you very much for your kind review.
I was very happy to read that you liked the location of Star City Hotel and you were satisfied with the cleanliness and with the breakfast selection of the hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Star City Hotel again soon.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

I stayed in that hotel twice. In 2010 I got a big, nice, clean, bright room with a double bed, and I thought it was a standard.
In 2013 I booked a room with a double bed (it was explicitly stated in the confirmation I got: "a marriage bed"). Upon coming to the hotel with my husband we were located in a small, dark room, higher than wide, with 3 separate beds. The receptionist said they only had 2 double beds in the hotel, and they were both taken while we arrived...
Our windows were on the same level as the internal courtyard, looking onto the smoking corner for the guests and staff (noise + smell!). We have spent 3 days behind closed curtains, otherwise everyone could see us sleeping or walking naked from the bathroom...
Staying in this hotel is like a Russian roulette, just the chances of getting a bad, bad room is much higher.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Marta Z

Dear Guest 'MDZ419',

Thank you for taking your time to post a review on our hotel. I am truly sorry for the mistake regarding the bed type, unfortunately we do not always receive the detailed bedding information of reservations made through some of our wholesaler partners.
Concerning the sizes of the rooms, they are different. Most of our rooms are larger than the average hotel room size, but we have smaller rooms, too with the same room amenities as in the rooms with a bit more space.
I am sorry that you were not satisfied with your room size, but I hope we will have the chance to welcome you back again to Star City Hotel.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

I accidentally booked the wrong hotel for my Budapest leg, and when I arrived at the Baross City hotel, I was informed I booked a the Baross in another city. We worked out the issue, I was informed that they could not accommodate us with a room and and the Baross suggested I stay at the Star City Hotel, not too far away.

This was the only hotel I could not research in advance.

I regretted not spending a little more money on a better choice hotel. The AC did not work, I asked for a fan, they didn't have one, they could not change my room because we were three people and they were all booked out of three rooms elsewhere.

The WiFi barely reached the room on the third floor. I had to go to the lobby to get WiFi. A major pain in the behind. The Television had 200 + channels all in Hungarian, I could not find any documentation telling me which channels were in English or french, so had to flip endlessly through all the channels searching in vain for something.

Staff was friendly and sympathetic, but powerless to take care of my AC and WiFi issues. A shrug of the shoulders and an apology. Thats it.

Breakfast was basic. Nothing out of the ordinary. in a very warm dining room. Took forever to get items replenished by the dining staff.

A very affordable Budget hotel close to the Train station, but don't expect much.

Room Tip: Dont stay in room 309 unless they confirm that the AC unit works and you dont want WiFi in your room.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
StarHotelManager, General Manager at Star City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2013

Dear guest Darkdancer from Montreal,

Thank you for your review, I was very disappointed to read about some of your experiences, as we try for providing excellent service to our guest. I apologize for the inconveniences concerning the WiFi and the AC, unfortunately we had some technical problems, which needed to be repaired.

I was glad to hear that you found our receptionist team friendly and helpful and I truly hope that you had a nice time in our wonderful city.

Star City Hotel