All reviews gellert hill buda side bus stop busy road city centre main road nice hotel elizabeth bridge no tea coffee facilities double glazing bus service air con minute walk hotel restaurant the hotel staff goulash public transport
Reviewed July 2, 2017

(breakfast ok) (rooms ok ) staff seem rude on arrival demanding pay cash for stay .tryed to book taxi for return with city taxi but wouldn't do it.so they booked through there company which costs more .wouldn't have said its worth 4 stars someone needs to visit from tripadvisor to re check the rating overall .will choose another hotel in future if travelling there again

Room Tip: try booking a different hotel you have been warned
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BrendanW371
Reviewed June 28, 2017

This hotel is located on the Buda side, close to all royal sites and the citadel is easily accessible. Downtown is an easy bus ride. Hotel and staff are great, no complaints. Breakfast and restaurant is fantastic.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
10  Thank kimberlypittt
Reviewed June 28, 2017

We were very hungry upon arrival and we visited the hotel restaurant immediatly. It was a good choice, foods were delicious, service was good. The hotel staff was also helpful and kind. Rooms are clean and good. Excellent choice in Budapest.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
10  Thank cwilliamox
Reviewed June 11, 2017 via mobile

So this is not what UK would call 4 star but a solid 3 star.

The rooms were clean and tidy and spacious. Bathrooms were clean and spacious too.

Cleaners cleaned well too.

Location is ok , not in the centre but walkable in about 25 minutes. However be mindful the walk is downhill...we didn't try to come back up the hill to the hotel as I think this would have annoyed us.

Breakfast is ok and sets you up well for the day.

We were very worried on Saturday night when we were the only people in the restaurant , however I must say the food is fantastic ! Really tasty and well presented. I had lasagne and some rosemary potatoes . My partner had goulash.

The main and only downpoint as to why I didn't give this review 5 stars is the reception staff. Sadly , apart from the lady , the men were not engaging and it seemed like you were "disturbing" them.

Maybe being more friendly and outgoing would help.

Lastly the air cooling system had an annoying buzzer going off in the night. We ended up turning it off. Reception man wasn't willing to help.

All in all, good stay.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Darren M
Reviewed May 25, 2017

I made a reservation at Gold Hotel Wine and Dine – Budapest (advertised as 4 star hotel – which in fact it is hardly an average 3 star hotel) on Saturday, May 6, 2017 at 9.30 AM. I thought that I reserved one apartment for two persons sold via Booking.com for an amount of 590 Euro. Unfortunately, after I completed the invoice with the required details I noticed that something must have gone totally wrong: on the invoice instead of the advertised cost, namely 513.95 Euro, there appeared a doubled amount, namely 1021.95 Euro. Seems that, while I placed the order something happened and eventually I have been charged for two apartments, instead of the requested one. In that very moment, (at 9.31 AM), I immediately tried to edit our order, but the system did not allow such operation. Not being able to edit, correct our order I cancelled it at 9.31 AM, one minute after placing the order.
I contacted Gold Hotel Wine and Dine by phone on 09.05.2017 and explained to the hotel-manager the situation, issue: we booked one room but somehow we ended up with two rooms on the invoice, we wanted to edit the placed order, but because we could not edit it we have been forced to cancel it. I also explained her that we are still willing to spend our vacation at Gold hotel, but because we are only two persons we really do not need two apartments. Initially she told me that her hands are tied by the contract signed with Booking.com, so being conditioned by this contract she is unable to behave as she would like to and therefore she cannot pay back the sum debited from our card for the second, unrequested apartment. When I told her that the Booking operators told us that Booking has nothing against returning us the half of the already debited sum, she told me that we prejudiced the hotel, because due to our order she could not sell the other apartment to other customers. When I told her that her claim concerning an eventual prejudice does not stand, because between placing the order and cancelling the order did not pass more than one minute, she blamed the stipulations of the contract signed by the hotel with Booking.com, which does not allow paying back sums to customers who placed an order on items which have been sold with a discount. In our case she told me that the discount was 15%.
I would like to stress that even with discount the service offered by this hotel is over-priced because it is no way a 4 star hotel.
Not willing to lose all the money already debited from our card, we decided to live up our order and spend our vacation at this hotel in one of the pre-paid apartments. Being on the spot I take this opportunity to stress that Gold Hotel Wine and Dine places phony, untrue adverts, namely does not inform its potential customers that not all rooms and apartments are placed in the hotel, but a big majority of its apartments are placed in an adjacent shabby block of houses. As the attached pictures prove Gold Hotel Wine and Dine is not a 4 start hotel, therefore all discounts offered are trickery.

Stayed: May 2017