“Fabulous food and atmosphere ”
Review of Hungarikum Bisztro

Hungarikum Bisztro
Ranked #19 of 3,686 Restaurants in Budapest
Price range: US$17 - US$23
Cuisines: Hungarian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: District V / Inner City
Description: Traditional Hungarian Restaurant serving old fashioned Hungarian dishes following family's recipes.Open every day:11:30AM-3:00PM (LAST RESERVATION AT 2:00 PM!)6:00PM-11:00PM (LAST RESERVATION AT 10:00 PM!) Between 3:00PM-6:00PM is CLOSED! RESERVATION IS REQUIRED!
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Wonderful atmosphere, fabulous music , good service and first class food. It was impossible to finish the Weiner schnitzel! The option of a half serve should be considered as is the norm in some restaurants in Vienna. One of Budapest’s and our stays culinary highlights.

Write a ReviewReviews (8,626)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

If you’re looking for authentic, delicious Hungarian dishes, then you must eat here - but be sure to make a reservation at least 3-4 days in advance. The atmosphere was delightful, with live music, traditional yet modern decor and enthusiastically friendly staff that made this place so enjoyable. They were very accommodating with my dairy allergy and the food was incredibly delicious - particularly the goulash and pork knuckle. The pork knuckle dish for two people is a big portion. We are so happy that we ate here as it was a great start to our Hungarian experience.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

The main complaint we could imagine would be from those who didn’t prepare. You’ll need a reservation most nights, as they fill up quickly in the small space.

However, you will be rewarded with an amazing and memorable meal. My wife got the gnocchi which was really a small dumpling. So good. I got the fixed meal with Goulash (which was so good I forgot to photograph) and a deck leg so perfectly good it fell off the bone!

There were also great little extras, including a paprika tasting and a little Palinka to end the night.

Service was excellent!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My girlfriend and I decided to go to this place go to this place for dinner after we landed in Budapest. Upon arriving, there was a sign that said they only take reservations. We decided to ask if they had a table for us anyway and good thing they did. This place definitely did not disappoint! We shared an oven baked sausage with mustard, my main course of breaded fish fillet and a sponge cake dessert. They gave these starter bread before our meal which I liked, not loved. Everything else was top notch. Everything was made fresh and it definitely showed. The service is very friendly and very knowledgeable of English. Prices are very reasonable, especially since I'm coming from NYC prices. Coming to Budapest I didn't know what to expect but this restaurant I would suggest to anyone that visits Budapest.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Had a wonderful dinner here our first night in Budapest. The atmosphere was homey and inviting. The owners are hands on and checked tables to ensure every guest was having a good experience. Our server was attentive and helpful when it came to picking wine and entrees. My husband ordered the loin of pork with paprika sauce, I had the beef stew with dumplings, and we switched plates halfway through the meal. Both entrees were full of flavor and really tasty. We both liked the pork the best but the beef was also very good. The meal is ended with a shot of a local liquor called Szilva Pálinka to complete your homestyle Hungarian meal. We would definitely recommend this restaurant when you are in Budapest - be sure to make a reservation, the tables were all spoken for the night we ate here.