“Business lunch”

Kis Tirol Fogado
Ranked #2,116 of 3,408 Restaurants in Budapest
Cuisines: Austrian
Reviewed 27 March 2017

We had a very good lunch here. I think what I found most interesting was the Tyrolese look - apparently the owner was a carpenter and the whole building is really lovely and atmospheric. The food was also very pleasant and had a good range of dishes to choose from. The service was attentive too.

Reviewed 19 December 2016

I invited a friend here to recall the old times, in such a old winter, the restaurant offered us a warm and lovely place. The tea with honey was really nice, I ordered the chicken with goose liver inside, tasted so so, but we talked more than 3 hours during the night. Amazing thing. What is not very cool is that , it only accept cash no card, hope it can be changed.

Reviewed 4 February 2016

When I was introduced to the Kis Tirol restaurant I was already stunned by the deco of the place.... a perfect copy of a restaurant from Tirol in the suburbs. The food is delicious and real well presented and the portions are more than enough.

Reviewed 30 January 2016

I had and excellent meal here. I stayed in a room above the restaurant and it was all excellent. I always stay and eat here when in Budapest.

1  Thank Scott C
Reviewed 18 August 2015

This "Austrian"-Hungarian restaurant can be found in one of the more remote districts in Pest (XVI) however it is relatively easy to get to if you are taking public transport. The environs are definitely Austrian inspired with everything fashioned of wood, while the food is pretty much typical Hungarian fare. The exception is that their front terrace does have a grill that they sometimes grill tasty sausages or cevapi and their German beer selection. (Paulaner) The terrace is quite nice when the weather is accommodating. I've been here twice, once when really busy and the staff did a rather good job considering the difficulties they had that evening, the other time where we were almost the only ones there on a quiet summer night. Each time they did a good job, but one shouldn't expect them to speak English well. Some of their staff do speak German well as the owners seem to be huge Bayern München football fans, but they do okay to make sure English speakers can understand the menu and feel welcome. On my next time here I hope to either catch a experience Bayern match or experience a leisurely meal in their wine cellar in their back yard.