“good kitchen”

Pane Vino Restaurant
Ranked #717 of 3,736 Restaurants in Budapest
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Elegance, traditionalism, vintage, the values of traditional gastronomy combined with modern appearance. Look back to the past and live it in present. Taste a bite of past Buda - this is the Pane Vino Restaurant. The Kitchen Traditions in new aspect The dishes of our open kitchen, based on the Hungarian cuisine, but can stand international gastronomy ground also. We respect the traditions and consider the importance of carrying values on. The traditional dishes are offered by reconsideration, using recent technologies, in new aspect. The menu contains attractive dishes based on the Bodrogi family hundred-year-old recipes as well as the tastes of Bodrogi Mansion. The stuffed cabbage made from seven different kind of meat, the Bodrogi's famous double ratatouille or the catfish-cream fisherman's soup are all the savours of the restaurant. The use of market garden ingredients is one of the most important for us. We purchase from local suppliers or use self-made ingredients. Home-made jams, spices, and eggs are consumed, such as the game dishes made by a special quality of meat. As the mark of commitment for the finest quality gastronomy, the possessor of the restaurant, as Maitre Restaurateur, is the member of Chaine des Rotisseurs, which is the oldest International Association of Gastronomy in Europe. Our chef, Gábor Gyökeres, gained experiences in the field of Hungarian and international cuisines as well. He successfully exploits the opportunities, which are supplied by the merger of traditional and modern gastronomy. In spite of that, the first thing, which comes into our minds about his creations, is: joyfulness.
Reviewed April 4, 2018

Outstanding menu, good service, reasonable prices. The interior is awful. It wants to look modern but is is not.

Date of visit: April 2018

Reviewed January 5, 2018

It is a fine dining restaurant, prices are quite high, so we were surprised that the waiter did not put the cutlery matching our order on the table, he did not know where to put the wine glass, how to pour the wine. The food I have chosen was OK, but my husband ordered Wiener schnitzel, which being a well known and loved dish in Hungary one would think, you cannot go wrong with it. Well, it did go wrong - it should be crisp on the outside and the meat should be soft. Instead it was soggy and not tasty at all.

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed October 12, 2017 via mobile

Very quick meal needed close to our hotel. Just googled local restaurants and came upon this. Modern decor, pleasant staff. We had quail soup with matzo balls, slow roasted pork and veal chops. All excellent but why no vegetables?!

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed July 6, 2017 via mobile

Husband and I went there for dinner on July 4,2017. It was recommended by our hotel. I had the pork and cheese spratzel. The pork was very dry. The cheese spratzel was very good. My husband had Wiener schnitzel, which was so thin and dry, we could hear them pounding the meat in the kitchen. We were not offered dessert because the kitchen had closed but were offered coffee.
We could see into the kitchen from our table, one of the people in the kitchen had on a tank top, sure hope he wasn't the chef!
The atmosphere was nice and quiet but the food was forgetful.

Date of visit: July 2017
Submarine77, Vendégkapcsolati vezető at Pane Vino Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2017

Dear Laura,

thank you for your visit!
Because of the kitchen technology methods used for the preparation of the foods mentioned by you, the meat dishes can not dry out, this for guarantied.
Our kitchen did not deliver such kind of dishes in the market period. Please, specify your rating. In that specified period of time more negative ratings were given by you in Budapest area.
We are really sorry that very popular restaurants of our city were not suitable for you.

Kind regards,
Zsuzsanna Kecser

Reviewed June 8, 2017

I'll never go back because of one jerk waiter though the food was nice.
I have food allergy and all the main courses have included lactose so I have asked if we can change the side dish of a main course I wanted to eat. The waiter looked at me if I were an idiot and rudely only said: "No!" Everybody at the table was shocked. When I asked back if there is really no possibility as I cannot eat anything from the main courses then he just told me that he has to ask the chef with the same "nice" tone. Finally they could miraculously solve this issue and I got a meal I could eat with bad feelings...

Date of visit: June 2017