All reviews keleti train station free breakfast is big balcony hotel is located room was clean top floor minute walk wifi city corridor supermarket
Reviewed October 1, 2017

This is a very important information because my taxi took 10min to find the place. There is a super small sign at the main door, and then you need to call the reception (that is the last for of the building), and they have a few rooms in this building, used as "hotel rooms".
About the cleanliness: I found two small cockroaches inside my bathtub, this is really weird. Also the floor is really dirty. I my socks there and it gots black quickly.)
About the breakfast: Well, definitely, it doesn't worth 3 euros. The bread in the morning looks a really really old one. I don't like it. I paid for 3 breakfast, and I skipped 2 of them.
Maybe I will try to stay here again in the future, not sure... but for this price, I would like to try something better.

The only good thing:
The room is really big. The mattress is awesome. I slept better there than in own bed.

Room Tip: Be aware that this is not a hotel, more like a hostel working inside a residential building.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed June 16, 2017 via mobile

I've stayed there for 5 nights. Nothing really special, but veey simple and clean, provicing all the necessary. Free breakfast is defiblnitely a plus. I would definitely recommend it to someone who doesn't care about luxury and wants a nice place to stay. Also, nice view of the city. Every room has a small balcony! :)

Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed June 1, 2017

It was rainy evening in Budapest, when we had check in at hotel. Our room which had big balcony was flooded. So they gave us another small room with two-storied bed. My friend was very angry, because administrator told us that it was only free room. May be other rooms were flooded too. Then hotel manager gave us this small room for free. It was too late for searching another hotel and we stayed in Budapest just that 1 night. Staff was friendly. Breakfast was nice on really good terrace. Terraces were just the reason why we choose that hotel, but it was the reason why our room flooded. So in rainy days I recommend you to stay in other hotel.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed April 30, 2017 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here for two nights. The hotel is located about 10 minutes from the train station giving you full access to the metro and the whole of Budapest and if you buy a 24 hour group travel pass this gives you full use of all buses trains and trams for up to 5 people and only costs a little under £10. The hotel is only a few years old and is located over a small shopping mall, the room we had was small but functional, modern and clean, I did notice a couple of things in the bathroom which needed attention but that was no big deal, breakfast was included in the price but it's rather meagre so don't expect too much, just outside and opposite the entrance is a small bar and you can get a double whiskey and coke for around £2, if you want to have an evening meal try the Paprika about 10 minutes walk away but it's popular and your need to book. Overall if you want to do Budapest on a budget the Garay Terrace would be a good place to stay.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed March 31, 2017 via mobile

Very nice and clean room for good price. Good breakfast and kind receptionist. The hotel is close to the train and metro station and it is easy to go to city center quickly. But the locality is not so nice, especialy at night (weird people, dark streets).

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple