All reviews keleti train station free breakfast is big balcony hotel is located room was clean top floor minute walk wifi city corridor supermarket
Reviewed December 29, 2017

Garay Terrace Residence is not your typical hotel. It is located in a more residential area and is located on the top floor of the Garay Shopping Center. The building is comprised of apartments and a parking garage. The Gary is located in a residential area within a seven minute walk to Keleti Train Station. Even though the hotel is located outside of central tourist area the proximity to Keleti Station offers good access via metro and bus and trams.

It is a small hotel which could be considered botique with 12 rooms that offer each guest a balcony. My room was comprised of a bunk twin bed, a bathroom with shower, refrigerator, coffee maker, safe, blackout curtains, and good WiFi. The room was clean and good sized.

Hotel staff provided excellent service and each of the three staff members that I had contact with were helpful and friendly. Anett, Emese and Oleg each had their own experience and recommendations of Budapest which was wonderful. One note is that the reception is not open 24 hours. If you are checking in late, I recommend that you let them know in advance as the reception office closes at 10 pm.

Breakfast was simple but good and included: scrambled eggs, cereal, yogurt, fresh fruit, juice, breads, cold cuts and cheese, plenty of coffee! For me I like having a breakfast to start the day with as much coffee as I want.

During my stay the Garay's guest were comprised of mostly older couples. The Garay offered me great service, a clean room, and an excellent location to access Budapest. Since my visit was for business the Garay proved to be excellent for my trips needs.

I would recommend it to travelers looking for a safe, clean and lodging with excellent access to public transportation. I would consider staying at the Garay again.

Date of stay: December 2017
1  Thank JAYDenver
Reviewed October 1, 2017

This is a very important information because my taxi took 10min to find the place. There is a super small sign at the main door, and then you need to call the reception (that is the last for of the building), and they have a few rooms in this building, used as "hotel rooms".
About the cleanliness: I found two small cockroaches inside my bathtub, this is really weird. Also the floor is really dirty. I my socks there and it gots black quickly.)
About the breakfast: Well, definitely, it doesn't worth 3 euros. The bread in the morning looks a really really old one. I don't like it. I paid for 3 breakfast, and I skipped 2 of them.
Maybe I will try to stay here again in the future, not sure... but for this price, I would like to try something better.

The only good thing:
The room is really big. The mattress is awesome. I slept better there than in own bed.

Room tip: Be aware that this is not a hotel, more like a hostel working inside a residential building.
Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed June 16, 2017 via mobile

I've stayed there for 5 nights. Nothing really special, but veey simple and clean, provicing all the necessary. Free breakfast is defiblnitely a plus. I would definitely recommend it to someone who doesn't care about luxury and wants a nice place to stay. Also, nice view of the city. Every room has a small balcony! :)

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed June 1, 2017

It was rainy evening in Budapest, when we had check in at hotel. Our room which had big balcony was flooded. So they gave us another small room with two-storied bed. My friend was very angry, because administrator told us that it was only free room. May be other rooms were flooded too. Then hotel manager gave us this small room for free. It was too late for searching another hotel and we stayed in Budapest just that 1 night. Staff was friendly. Breakfast was nice on really good terrace. Terraces were just the reason why we choose that hotel, but it was the reason why our room flooded. So in rainy days I recommend you to stay in other hotel.

Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed April 30, 2017 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here for two nights. The hotel is located about 10 minutes from the train station giving you full access to the metro and the whole of Budapest and if you buy a 24 hour group travel pass this gives you full use of all buses trains and trams for up to 5 people and only costs a little under £10. The hotel is only a few years old and is located over a small shopping mall, the room we had was small but functional, modern and clean, I did notice a couple of things in the bathroom which needed attention but that was no big deal, breakfast was included in the price but it's rather meagre so don't expect too much, just outside and opposite the entrance is a small bar and you can get a double whiskey and coke for around £2, if you want to have an evening meal try the Paprika about 10 minutes walk away but it's popular and your need to book. Overall if you want to do Budapest on a budget the Garay Terrace would be a good place to stay.

Date of stay: April 2017