“Food was good...service was great...topped with of great views of the city.”
Review of HB Lounge & Bar

HB Lounge & Bar
Ranked #1,010 of 3,703 Restaurants in Budapest
Cuisines: Hungarian
Neighbourhood: District I / Buda
Neighbourhood: District I / Buda
Reviewed February 26, 2018

The service provided fabulous. We were lucky that there was a seat available, as it was just before sunset. Servers checked on our table frequently and ensured all our requests were met. We ordered the Goulash, Risotto and a local Hungarian wine. I forget the name of the wine, but the pairing was perfect, Hungarian wine is on the drier side. Goulash was ok, as there are other restaurants which did a better job. Overall great view for a sunset to see the city, very lively atmosphere and amazing service.

Reviewed February 5, 2018

the choice of this restaurant was excellent ..
tempting from the offer of the day for lunch ... 12 euros for soup, mainly dish ,soft drink and coffee ...i visited it...and i did not regret it... the food was excellent. the service was impeccable ... polite and smiling staff ... all well and clean ... the view was fantastic ... I recommend it unreservedly...

Reviewed January 27, 2018 via mobile

This bar has great views looking over the Hungarian Parliament however is fairly pricey and we were disappointed with the service.

We arrived at 7.30 on a weeknight - only to be rushed to finish (our expensive) drinks 15 minutes later. The sign on the door said it was open until 10pm so we were rather disappointed to have to down our drinks after just ordering them. A warning when we ordered our drinks would have been courteous.

If you visit here best to check closing times with staff before ordering.

Reviewed January 20, 2018 via mobile

I visited HB few times alone and with my family during my visit to Budapest and I was not disappointed. The food was good , a bit on the higher end price range but I was happy to pay the premium for the view over the city . The hot chocolate was delicious and I also tried the soups and goulash there and were very tasty .
I would definitely recommend it for a recharging pit stop while visiting the castle area.

Reviewed January 2, 2018 via mobile

We had the hazelnut hot chocolate. Probably the most delicious hot chocolate ever. Very cute place with beautiful views. Would go again.