“Poor, poor, poor”

Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Budapest, Hungary
“Poor, poor, poor”
Reviewed 11 August 2011

I did't expected a luxurious atmosphare, but this was too much..Very untidy, bad smells, the waiter was very poor dressed and not even friendly.The food was not tasty at all (shame on an indian restaurant) and on the top of all these I paid a huge amount of money for that.

I do not understand other people who wrote those positive reviews below..

Visited August 2011
1 Thank personka

• Hungarian first
Split, Croatia
“good food; OK atmosphere”
Reviewed 6 April 2011

I think the food here is quite good and can be a good value. Their menu is not available online as far as I can tell. The night I went, the restaurant (which is quite small--maybe 8 to 10 tables and very plain) was crowed and I was seated a meter away from the bathroom doors, looking straight at them. I ordered some kind of combo meal (appetizer, rice, chutney, naan, curry and tandoori) which basically gives you the chutney and the rice for free. It was probably enough for two but it was so good I ate almost all of it myself. In general, the food shines but the atmosphere is not the place for a special date.

• Visited March 2011
Budapest, Hungary
“Go!”
Reviewed 19 November 2010

Just ate there last night, and had the most marvelous Indian food that I've ever eaten in my life! I had the eggplant vegetable dish, and 2 chicken dishes. Everything was superb. The waiter spoke English as well.

1 Thank mrank
“Authentic Indian!”
Reviewed 17 November 2010

Unexpectedly good indian find. Had the Palak Paneer, Vergetable madras and prawns in a cashew curry. Solidly spicy and authentic (thought the waiter aksed how spicy we would like it). Service was quick and pleasant. Total (plus rice 1 and 1 paratha and 2 beers) was 7,900 (US $39). Not fancy but pretty cosy!

2 Thank JPHinDC
Cologne, Germany
“Pandzsab, a hidden indian food jewel”
Reviewed 13 January 2010

We like Indian food and some times you have already eaten enough local food. this two reasons leaded me to search for an indian restaurant in Budapest. I was not disappointed; the good local magazine listed Pandzsab.
The food was very tasty, the service was not so fast but I was not in a hurry. Samosas, Chicken tika, Lassis, indian rice, warm nan bread.... the whole program (damm, I am getting hungry again). The restaurant is very small and located on a 2nd floor after an small steep stairway,the restrooms are very basic.
In a nutshell; if you want tasty indian food for a good price without a fancy location this is the place

1 Thank Plino