See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed June 26, 2018 via mobile

After reading all this negative reviews I was concerned to visit Aranbyka but to be honest it’s matching the price you pay for if you want 5* grand hotel this is not but it takes you back in time where this hotel was definitely top in Debrecen. It has got beautiful scenes of furniture, paintings on the walls and other historical pieces inside.
Room was clean, even the floor and bedding was freshly washed. We had a big room with great view for Great Church of Debrecen and enjoyed the breakfast which was included in price. And yes indeed hotel require renovation however hotel of this size and history behind would be shame to be forgotten. Also if you want something nice to drink, part of the hotel is Paparazzi Caffe and this one is actually renovated.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed February 27, 2018

The building itself is beautiful. The rooms are spacious but it feels like you are in some sort of hostel. You can tell it once used to be the place to go but now it is sad to see it is a run down hotel where stuff are rude and arrogant, they dont speak English and there is no service which I could compliment. The breakfast is poor and the coffee is horrible. We would never go back!

Stayed: April 2017
4  Thank Julianna R
Reviewed January 29, 2018 via mobile

I stayed there for 14 days on 2017 september and it was kind of torture every single day. In the rooms there is no air conditioners and generally they are small. I had small kind of kitchen in my room, there was hotel's dishes in the lockers and there were all dirty. Once one of my friend came to my room and used them and didnt clean back them. That day maid came to my room and saw the dishes and got angry and shouted to me. That day was my last day in that hotel. Location of hotel is very good but the service and the rooms are not good enought

Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed August 28, 2017 via mobile

I cant even believe it, these guys just expanded the limits of rudeness ,so what happend was that i had to book a place for my friends to stay and since it was high season everywher were full except this place(wonder why) and so i went there to personally book a room ,there was a girl there as reception who just couldnt be more arrogant and rude but then a guy came whom i thin was her boss and ask for my passport while i was talking to her so i said i dont have it with me its in my house(i study in the city) and then the guy started ranting at me in hungarian out of nowher ,if this didnt happen to myself i wouldnt believe this story considering its a "4 star hotel", they were so hostile that i actually end up booking a hostel for my friends (which i think was a way better desicion)

Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
3  Thank Sina D
Reviewed July 22, 2017

I booked a superior room with a large double bed and this was confirmed to me via email. When I arrived and was shown to my room it turned out to be a twin room with 2 single beds. The room was run down and definitively not of 'superior' class. Everytime I turned in the bed the bed moved back and forth and I was a bit concerned that I was going to end up on the floor.
The staff was unfriendly and seemed bothered that I was not happy and asked for another room. They showed me an even more run down room where the paint was coming off the window frames - the only difference was that there was 2 single beds shoved together.....even the woman in the reception agreed that it was a very run down room.
They explained to me that they were in the process of putting the the double beds together and maybe they would be able to accommodate me in a room the following day........this never happened and to top it off they did not even clean my room.......the bed was not made and then shower mat was still wet and on the floor (no shower curtains so unavoidable to not get water on the floor). I mentioned this to the reception but they were not interested to hear.
I would never recommend this hotel to anybody and there are plenty of other accommodation available in Debrecen. I should have read up on TripAdvisor before bookiing so I assume my fault.

Room Tip: Book another hotel but not Aranybika !
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo