See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed June 6, 2018 via mobile

I stayed one night on my way to Bratislava. The hotel is very nice and charming and also has a good location. They have also a lot of sport activities. The room was very nice with comfortable bed and breakfast was superb.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed March 18, 2018

My husband and I stayed here just for one night, driven by a random idea of visiting Győr. We booked the hotel room super last minute, but it all worked out fantastic. Our room was prepared properly with robes for the wellness area. The spa was great - not too big, but not crowded at all, clean and equipped with everything you need for a relaxing time - hot tub, steam room, sauna, infra sauna, and a pool big enough for a swim. The staff was very friendly and polite, the food was great. However, the room is not the same level as in a 4-star hotel in Western Europe (e.g. a tile was missing from the bathroom, bed was a bit small), but very was very clean and was totally worth the price. The city itself is very nice, so I'd totally recommend this place if you'd like to have an affordable, yet comfy city break.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 7, 2017 via mobile

We booked a short wellness weekend at this small hotel. The location is great, the lobby and the restaurant looks fantastic. The rooms could use some renovation. It was nice and have good ideas in decoration but it seems that it is not maintained very well nowadays. We slept well, the breakfast is nice. Regarding wellness, there was a lot of things which were out of order. The pools are good to have some rest, but this is not a wellness hotel. The poorest thing in the hotel is the communication. We didn't know how to turn on the sauna and as there is no staff in the wellness level we needed to climb up to reception to ask about it. The same thing with the drinks. No information, no staff so you have to go up to reception for everything. In wet bathing clothes. There is no bar in the hotel, you can drink only from your minibar. And the receptionist was not kind and didn't inform us properly.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed November 11, 2016

The atmosphere in the restaurant was nice, good decor generally. However --- the Wifi was very poor. There were exposed fire alarms in the toilet and in the living area with the wires visible which was unprofessional. The toilets had a weak extraction system and there was an unusually unpleasant and strong chlorine smell in the jacuzzi and pool that was very intense in the morning. Staff spoke very poor English, and due to the fact that they tried to eradicate this chlorine smell, there was an unpleasant draft every morning. There was also a very poor selection available at breakfast, which you would not expect from . In addition, the property was situated facing the main road. At the back of the property was a rail station. To the right is a state prison, and to the left is a beautiful park crowded with prostitutes and pimps, in the evening and night time. You could constantly hear fighting and screaming which was very unpleasant. The rooms were much smaller than they appeared on the website, and even 'family' rooms were not big enough for an actual family.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed August 11, 2016 via mobile

Myself my partner and daughter from Ireland were doing a tour of Europe for two weeks at the start of August (needless to say we had a lot of luggage) and our first stay was the golden ball club for 5 nights, we checked out after four nights.

Arrived to the hotel late on the first night and tired. Lots of heavy luggage and no lift available. If u have no lift available this should be stated on ur web page! The staff were not so friendly apart from the guy in the bar. The staff again out smoking on the front steps. Reception girls made me uncomfortable to ask for anything. Wasn't happy with that at all.
The breakfast was not great at all!! Never anything really available and I had to ask the girls waiting breakfast could I please have more bread / more sausages / a bowl for my daughter cereal. Every time I asked for these items which should have been displayed... I felt like I was annoying the waitress and the bread never came for toast! So I just left it. After 3 mornings of a asking for bread I had enough.
The hotel is coming on very nice obviously it had undergone some refurbishment and it is clean and nice and a brilliant swimming pool area down stairs. But as I have checked in to two further hotels on my travels and the staff have been friendly welcoming and no breakfast problems I felt like I had to write this review.
Staff let this hotel down with a non friendly / helpful attitude. Also breakfast needs massive attention.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family