See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed September 19, 2013 via mobile

To start with, unfortunatly I can not leave the review in my own native language (hungarian) cause Tripadvisor does not let me...:-(

Our wedding was on 23.08.2013 here in Bagolyvar. I have to say without any doubt, that this was the best choice for us to get married herw! Marika, the owner is really professional and nothing too much trouble for her. She organised and helped us to organise the wedding, cause its not easy from abroad... The service and food were superb. The waiters were funny and were always there for us! The food was amaizing, the whole family from both side said, that they did not taste food like this a long time! Perfect wedding in the perfect place! Thanks Marika and the team in Bagolyvar!!!!
On top, the surrounding is fantastic as well and the small hotel is famous and fab!!!

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Pacsito
Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at the Hotel for a few nights for my friends wedding. The bride and groom also stayed at the hotel together with some family members.
The staff were amazingly friendly and helpful, the facilities are very well situated for its beautiful views, as you can see the whole city of Pecs. The prices of the rooms were a bargain for the size and the quality of the hotel. Only missing a swimming pool or a Jacuzzi, but owner has plans for one. We eat at the hotel's restaurant which the food was very tasty… The wedding ceremony and the party were fantastically organized, specially having a chapel very close by and being able to do the wedding registration at the the hotel. Only a few minutes by car into the city centre and cheap by taxi. I enjoyed every moment of my stay at this hotel and I am already telling all my friends and family where to stay if they ever go to Pecs – Hungary. A big thank you to the Owner ‘Maria’ who has put her heart and soul into this marvellous palace  It didn’t just feel like staying at a hotel, but was like staying at a family’s holiday resort as I felt at home. I hope to return soon. ***** FIVE STARS ***** YOU DESERVE IT!!!
Most rooms have great views but you can also request for the ones by the vineyard which are Bungalows with also wonderful views.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Sombras82
Reviewed May 5, 2012

Nice clean room with balcony. Friendly staff. Great restaurant. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Apaksa
Reviewed October 30, 2011

For a short one night stay, we chose this place, unfortunatly a bit outside of the city centre.
Welcoming and smiley team.
Apart from that, the room was very nicely decorated and confortable.
The restaurant was also nice, with a terrasse overlooking the city.
Breakfast is a big buffet, which leaves you full for the morning.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank apprentivoyageur
Reviewed July 30, 2011

If you are staying in Pecs, I'd highly recommend this family owned inn. It is a bit hard to find, but the panoramic view and the individually furnished cozy rooms will be well worth it. We liked all the woodwork in the rooms (equipped with AC as well, which helps when it is 30 degrees out), each representing different regions of ancient Hungary. They also have apartments that used to operate as press houses and are overlooking the old vineyard hill. These were all booked at the time as there was a wedding on that weekend. They also have a huge restaurant on site with a fabulous panoramic balcony and a good selection of tasty Hungarian cousin.
Pecs is a very nice city with lots of history. The center is very close, only about a 15 minute walk downhill. If your knees are not the best a taxi will take you back form the city center for about 3 euros.
It was an added bonus that a wine festival took place on that weekend when we visited.
Overall all my family was impressed with the service, the rooms and the unique experience.
And while you are there and renting a car don't forget to go for wine tasting in Villany (only about 30 minutes drive). I'd recommend Bock and Gere Cellars as they are probably the two major world class red wine makers from that region.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family