See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed July 30, 2016

It is said to be one of the country's oldest hotels but it still has to live up to its two star level. The rooms are quiet basic with some 30-40+ years old furniture and without air conditioning and elevator. The airco would be quite useful as Pécs is one of Hungary's hottest cities and during my stay it was quite humid too. Besides the window the only possibility to get some fresh air is through the small fan located on the table or through window that you may open.

The bathroom would require some renovation as well. I was quite surprised to see marks made with duck tape to show me where I have to turn the lights on in the bathroom or where to pull the handle to empty the toilet.

There's cold breakfast, which is ismple but various.

The greatest advantage of the hotel is its location, just off the main square in Pécs, though it also means that if you come by car, you should contact the hotel about the parking possibilities in the surroundings.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed November 2, 2014

When we visited Pécs we unfortunately missed the earlier train and so by the time we arrived local public trasport was not in service. Consequently, we stood at the station without an accomodation at 9.30 pm, desperate to find somewhere to sleep. We walked to the centre of the city with our bags and Aranyhajó was the only hostel we found open in our hurry. The receptionist was very kind and we could rent a room for a night with breakfast. It was a bit expensive for our wallet, but I have to mention we are college students. The room itself faced to the main street of the city centre so it had a really nice view, but it was quite noisy as well - we could sleep only with the windows closed. The breakfast was average but the stuff was kind. All in all I wouldn't say I would have spent more than one night there, but they were life saving when we really needed.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 10, 2014

I think it is a very good option for Pecs. I felt very comfortable, staff was extra nice (even if we were a big group and probably too messy sometimes) and you really felt in the middle of all. It is true that rooms are next to popular streets but, at least me, I don't remember any problem for falling sleep any night.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed August 27, 2014

It said to be the oldest hotel in Hungary that you can see from some furniture. The rooms are basic but spacious. Breakfast is simple but various. It's really at the heart of Pecs which is very great but if you come by car it's not easy to find nor park.
Price value for money is the best in town.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed April 26, 2014

Location couldn't be better - situated less than a minute from the main square and right on one of the primary walking streets. Public areas have lots of character. Guest rooms, I was in room eight, are functional. Staff are very helpful. Guest room and public areas were very clean. Breakfast was okay - instant coffee - is less than satisfactory. Room charges are very modest and make the stay great value!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo