All reviews rooms are small indoor pool water jets soap dispenser steam room balaton lake reception staff nice hotel balcony sunbeds toiletries shore
Reviewed April 20, 2018 via mobile

Why? Because I paid €62 for single occupancy of a double, B&B and that is fair value. If I had paid Summer prices I’d have rated the hotel lower. I believe it was a trade union hotel. That would make sense. The hotel has a restaurant that I didn’t use as it looks like a worker’s canteen and I won’t queue. €16 for dinner is a joke, go to the Mala Garden, it is really good and much better value. There is a bar - well a hatch to the canteen bar and there is seating in reception albeit insufficient. The bar closes at 10pm. The rooms are small. In Spring air-con is off and the outdoor pool is not in use. Surely they should say so? Bathrooms are tiny and cheap. Overall though the beds are comfortable and my room was clean. The wellness is far too small for the hotel. The pool accommodates only 3-4 people swimming so the fact that the outdoor pool is not in use in late April at a weekend when the hotel is busy and the temperature is in the 80’s makes demand exceed supply. Check out is at 10 but they allowed me to stay to 11 and they changed me from a sun facing room when I asked so I have found the reception staff to be accommodating, professional and thoughtful. It’s a 2 star hotel dressed up to tick 4 star boxes but it’s good value at €62.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Toqiz
Reviewed September 19, 2017

Felszines takaritas a szobakban, valamint a wellness reszlegen. A fitness terem nincs takaritva, hiaba jeleztuk a recepcion (pok es pokhalo a kardio gepen, ragacsos nyomogombok a futopadon).
Ezen felul soha nem talalkoztam meg hotel igazgatoval azelott aki farmernadragban es poloban kozelitene meg a vendeget, sajnos itt igen: Darvas Zoltan, mikozben epp elhagyni keszultuk a szallodat es visszajelzest adtunk a recepcios holgynek. A recepcios pult mogul kozbeszolt es lekezelo modon vitatkozni kezdett. Tobbek kozott kozolte, hogy sok mas hotel is van meg a parton, nem kell ide visszaterni ha nem voltunk megelegedve. Ebben biztos lehet.

Poor cleanliness in the rooms and in the wellness area as well. The gym hasn't been cleaned at all (spider web with spider on the cardio machine, the tread mills's touch screen extremely sticky).
Also I have never met a hotel director before who would have approached a hotel guest wearing jeans and Polo Shirt but unfortunatelly here I have: when we were about leave the hotel and were giving feedback to the receptionist Zoltan Darvas interrupted and talked back to me in a very rude way. Saying things like "There are other hotels nearby, you don't have to return to us if you weren't satisfied." Well, that is for sure.

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank SzilviaSzab0
Reviewed August 29, 2017

We had a lovely stay in this hotel. Although the exterior is dated, inside the hotel is modern and clean. Reception staff all seem to speak good English, and we received a voucher for a welcome drink on arrival, which was a nice surprise.
The hotel has an outdoor and an indoor pool. On the first few days of our visit the weather was extremely hot and it was difficult to get a sunbed outside. After this, however, it cooled to around 23 degrees and it was much easier to find a bed.
The wellness centre is particularly nice with a steam room, sauna, rainfall showers and an ice dispenser for cooling down after the sauna. There is also a warm relaxation pool with water jets.
Breakfast was pretty good but some sections could have done with a bit more variety. The hot food usually consisted of fried eggs, scrambled eggs and sausage. The selection of cheeses and cold meats was good, however the pastry selection was usually restricted to mini croissants. There were pancakes for the first 3 days of our stay, but not for the final 3, and the serving tray was left empty and covered over.
It is about a 15-20 minute walk into Siofok from the hotel. We quite liked the location as it was close enough to the centre, but far enough away to be relatively peaceful. There is easy access to the lake from the back of the hotel.
The rooms in the hotel are not quite as modern as the rest of the hotel, but are clean and each have a balcony which is pretty private. Bathrooms are nice but only have an over-bath shower, which is a bit of a nuisance. It was ok, but you had to hold it rather than being able to stand under it, which made showering a bit more awkward than it needed to be. In terms of toiletries, there is a shower gel dispenser over the bath and a soap dispenser at the sink, but no shampoo / conditioner.
Overall, I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Siofok.

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank HollyBobs_3
Reviewed January 4, 2017

We've been there on a business trip, one of our business partner celebrated an anniversary there. So we did not try wellness facility. Our room was average size (a bit small), bathroom was a bit smelly and a bit small. There were some flies trapped between the window and the curtain, so I must get rid of them. We've been there out of season so tourists and beach visitors were missing. The restaurant was large enough and the dinner was delicious.

Room tip: Look for rooms with view to the lake.
Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Zolchew
Reviewed November 19, 2016 via mobile

We have spent two days at the hotel, which was renovated recently.
It was nice and clean. We have only breakfast, which was nothing special, but fine.
Bathroom is very small, but nice again and was for me not s problem.

Date of stay: November 2016