“Relaxing, pleasant hotel. Friendly atmosphere. Would recommend.”
Review of Hotel Azur

Hotel Azur
Ranked #3 of 39 Hotels in Siofok
Reviewed 28 December 2011

Stayed here just before Christmas. Was upgraded to premium hotel due to refurbishment work in main hotel. Spa facilities were very good, staff friendly and most spoke good English. Food was excellent. Plenty of choices, fish, variety of meat and vegetarian options. Close to train station and centre of siofok.

• Stayed: December 2011
2  Thank locornwall
There are newer reviews for Hotel Azur

Reviewed 18 November 2011

We booked a 3 day-2 nights package ,with half-board , wellness for a short get away weekend.We just wanted to relax ,enjoy good food,wine,massage ,wellness ,long walks by the lake.
The room we booked(19m2) was very small,smelly ,the shower small as well ,even a very slim person wouldn't feel comfortable in there.
The food was average,Dinner was cold and nothing special .Beakfast instead was very good,fresh vegetables,fruits,drinks,even champagne was available :)
Drinks were very expensive ,the quality of wine was not really good.
The hotel staff was friendly,polite and helpful.The wellness part was ok,but again,nothing special.For me,it was a little bit too cold.Sauna and steam bath were good,I enjoyed the aroma and salt rooms very much.
In my oppinion it isn't a 4 stars hotel.I would give a 3 stars.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 November 2011

We booked a 3 day-2 nights package, with half-board for a weekend. Before we entered the place I thought it is not so cheap, but after we left the place I feelt it was very expensive. Receptionists were friendy and helpful, but personnel in the restaurant are rude and unpolite. Prices of drinks are very expensive in the restaurant, but the prices of mini bar is a complete robbery (0,4 cl of spirit for the price of 3 dl).
Our package included the right to use the wellness part of the hotel. They adveritse: 3700 m2 of wellness. You can find there two saunas, each of them is suitable for 4-6 (!) people. That's a joke, because the hotel has at least 3, three-floor building, . We decided to see the premium-wellness part. After entering the premium-wellness via a gate, I asked the personnel, what kind of wellness-opportunities can we find here, but instead of answer they said we are not entitled to enter here, and we should buy an extra ticket. It was not indicated anywhere. The premium wellness was very correct so it was worth it.
While breakfast I asked for whole-grain bread, The lady answered cynic, what kind of whole-grain bread I like. I explained her. She came back and brought some slices with a cynic smile on her face: "I whisper to you it's not a whole-grain bread, it's called woodcutter's bread". What a guest-friendly personnel! I'm not a baker who knows the name all kind of breads, but I'm a guest who pays for a service and not for cynism of personnel who never could afford to stay in this hotel for a weekend. We finished the breakfast and wanted to take one (!) piece of orange to eat it in the room, because the breakfast time was gone already and we did not want to disturb the personnel in cleaning of the restaurant. The guy at the exit said it is forbidden to take the fruit. I said I pay for it but he said no, it is forbidden. I placed the orange onto a table next to the exit and the orange was sitting on the same place where I put it, on the next day too.. You should leave the room until 10 o'clock but the breakfast finishes at 10 o'clock too. I think a little bit of flexibility would result happier guests. Luckily we travel a lot but this was the rudest personnel we have ever met. Service, furniture, politeness is not meet the four stars, maximum 3 stars. You can find much nicer hotels for cheaper prices in Siófok. Hope that the management of the hotel reads this critic and it will help them to improve.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel!
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank MarcusWebster
Reviewed 3 November 2011

The first impression was that despite we told the receptionist (as per her question) that this was our first time there, we got no information about anything. (No maps, breakfast/dinner times, animation, etc.)
The rooms were also a bit disappointing - shabby furniture and wallpaper, and unreasonably wide connecting doors between the tiny rooms, which made it even harder to move; but otherwise it was OK.
We ran out of liquid soap, toilet paper - and the cleaning service did not refill them until we asked for it. One interesting momentum - I told the cleaning lady that the batteries in the safe went flat; but she said it was not her competence. (And of course, nothing happened.)
Animation was kind, but a bit disorganized - eg. sometimes they made very little effort to have the kids involved, and crafts were the same for 4 days. (Not too exciting for the kids.)
Being positive, I would say that the staff general was overloaded; eg. the very same 4 people were on duty for animation from morning till late evening.
-------------
Wellness part was OK - people were friendly at the reception and around the pools. Facilities like sauna and steam bath were good; we especially enjoyed the aroma and salt rooms.
Food was OK - nothing special, usual **** hotel supply, but it was correct.
-------------
Not sure whether we will return, or visit an other one next time.

Room Tip: So called "family rooms" (2*19m2) - too small - not recommended :-(
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 October 2011

We stayed in the premium rooms therefore I can speak only about them. They are clean, nice, large although there are some odd things taking in consideration their being in a four star plus hotel: no slippers! No soap!
Food imaginative but not more than average
Spa facilities of first class

• Stayed: October 2011
Reviewed 29 August 2011

We stayed at this hotel as part of my Hen weekend and the service was mostly good. As always it depends on a person. Hotel is rather big , spread out over a few buildings, we stayed in the same building as the reception. Double rooms were a normal size with two single mattresses (comfy), there was also a nice plasma tv on the wall (CNN I believe was the only English channel). The A/C in our room worked fine but others in our party were saying that their rooms felt hot even with the lowest setting. There is also a balcony in every room, a nice touch, but do not expect any views, none of the buildings are overlooking the lake. Hotel's breakfast is nice, in a large room with enough hot choices. Now for the main part - the pool area is very busy, mostly with kids and as a result we stayed on the lake (sunbeds are of two types and the hard ones for some reason do not have any mattresses on them), the lake itself is wonderful - def the highlight of the trip

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 August 2011

We just returned ffrom our weekend stay at Hotel Azur. It was basically terrible. It is like hospitality 15-20 years back in Hungary. The food is absolutely not 4 star, the waiters and staff is totally 2-3 star and the facilities although new, are all too overused and need to be renewed. The worst are the hotel rules that they are crazy about, for example: in the kids pool no parents are allowed to go in. If they go in with the kids the safeguard guy starts yelling and doent let the parents to be in the pool. They say it is because some germs can get into the water. But imagine a kid of 6 months alone in the swimmingpool. And as all parents go in the pool, the guy basically yells the whole day. As a couple it was not too funny - but as a parent I think it is pathetic to have such rule. Another one: at this beach hotel, you are not allowed to have dinner in shorts. I did not take any long pants as noone told me to do so in hot sommer, still they didnt let me in. Finally they gave me some long pants...crazy. We didnt feel good at all. On the first day there was an organized event and because of that the hotel guests could only use 1/2 of the beach as the other part was closed with some barricades. Nothing written, no info given out, just it was not allowed to go in to that part. The beach is small and only 50% was useable - we swam in the pool rather as on the tiny beach there was a great crowd... That evening the restaurant was closed for hotel guests and hotel guests had to eat dinner at a small, dark (no natural light, no windows) meeting room - wow. But of course not possible in shorts... We wanted to pay table tennis - they asked for extra charge... We paid about 460 euros for the 2 nights... Never ever! I do not suggest this hotel - and will never return for sure.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple