Pannonia Hotel(Sopron)(Great Value!)
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
US$62
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$69/night.

Alsolover Apartman(Sopron)(Great Value!)
US$38
Anna Panzio(Sopron)
US$45
Anita Apartman(Sopron)(Great Value!)
US$27
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed April 16, 2017

I guess it says all, that we were offered 6 rooms before we were able to choose the one to stay in.
The whole place is terrible as it is. :(
Went for a mid-week break for 3 nights but after the first impression our luggages were not unpacked to be able to move on in every minute if needed.

Pros: the STAFF. They know that they work in such a place but they still can smile. The food. Ans especially one of the waitress. She was such a lovely lady to our 2years old daughter! Wish I could say 1000times more that she deserves a much better place to work...

Cons: After 6rooms, one of the member of the management has blamed me, that I should have know that the rooms are tight. He thought I was not accepting the rooms because they were too tight. When I told him that I knew it, but when I replied that I was not prepared to see broken shelves, moldy walls and draughty rooms his smile has disappeared. Offered an upgrade to their "family room" for a discounted price. At least in the third room the heater was on... Btw, he was smiling all 4day long for us but I still don't know his name...
You have to run the tap for 5mins to get some hot water.
The television is a piece from the early 70s with a dozen of unwatchable quality channels.
In the playroom for children we found approx. a dozen of dead bugs and ladybirds PER SQM! It was disgusting...
The best decision from the management would be to close the whole place and dismount it as quick as possible, I guess they would earn more money than to blame the beautiful town of Sopron with such a disaster place.

Ps.: the best laugh I had when they offered me at the check out their loyalty program

Room Tip: none of them. AVOID this place
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed September 17, 2016 via mobile

We have juat visited this hotel with my family, 2 adults, 2 children; family room ! Okay, hotel, or at least the room we stayed is totaly retro, BUT, the food was great, superb, grandma style cooking, fresh, we had buffet dinner, not a single word of bad I can say, very friendly staaf; we even tried the lunch menu, it was great, plus child menu, served quickly and fresh, absolute value for money ... Took advantage od local Segway tour, which will stay as a great memory, and chocolate tasting in Soprons famous chocolate shop ... All in all, we came for a weekend, and kids say, they want to come back :) ! Come here to enjoy the surroundings, programs, don't stay in yr room, except for sleeping, and you'll be fine :) (4 points, as the rooms could have been cleaned a bit better ) .

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed August 21, 2016

For the first time in my life believe that there are time machines. Soviet renaissance for adventurers. Lack of repair at least ten years, dirty clothes, torn furniture, doors are not closed, "handmade" dangerous electricity and bathroom. You could stay here just "under threat of death or severe punishment" :)

Room Tip: find another hotel
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank SLzn
Reviewed August 14, 2016 via mobile

Definitely old communist type of room, old furniture, walls emanating an air of mushrooms, not joking. The bed is very bad.
For breakfast we had sour dough langos, and a lot of fatty things. Was my first and last visit here. Bathroom is in a deplorable shape, don't expect anything to work logically.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 17, 2016

PRO: The hotel is located next to a forest, can be a good startpoint for exploring the area (Fertő tó, Austria). Breakfasts and dinners were delicious. CONTRA: too retro, needs renovation, ugly bathroom, slow lift, wifi in the lobby (useless in the room), 2 small pools only.

Room Tip: forest view may be better but all the rooms have balconies, some with a view to the car park (near the forest though)
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family