All reviews no lift family hotel old town small hotel city centre
Reviewed April 21, 2017

From the entrance you wouldn't realize how lovely it is inside. The rooms are big with comfortable beds. The bathroom was awesome. The staff is very friendly and will help you out with your queries and requests. There is no lift though as it is an old building.
Let them know about allergies if you have any and they will accommodate that in the breakfast if possible. I would definitely recommend it. It is not too far for walking to the city or the main train station. But there are also trams plying from close by - I used the Blumenthal stop for reaching the city center (trams 5 and 9 if I remember right). Another nearby stop is Amerika Namastie but I didn't use it. There is a Tesco supermarket nearby if you need to buy something.

Room Tip: 2nd floor was nice
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank GlobalCitizen_2011
Reviewed January 4, 2017 via mobile

Can say that was a pleasure to stay here. Is like home ,since is winter ,rooms are very worm.
The hotel is not so far from the historical city zone and from the Castle which you must visit here.
Outside the hotel has a garden where you can stay and relax

Stayed: January 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed January 3, 2017

Granted, we went for new years eve but for Bratislava we paid quite a lot of money (120 euro a night). That being said the breakfast was excellent. The location was just OK especially given that it was very cold and so it was probably a 20 minute walk to the old town area. The rooms were ok but they were very big... clean and with a huge bath tub. The porch was very big as well. I think there are both pro's and con's... but I also think it would have been much better in the summer.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed November 1, 2016

Nice and clean.Old fashion building-that I was looking for! Good for family and children.Free Wi-fi ,Close to the old town square- walking for a few min.The stuff is great pleased to help. Beautiful back garden , great place to relax

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed October 22, 2016 via mobile

I booked the Arcus hotel on a bit of a whim and given it's fairly solid standing on various review sites. I was not disappointed.

A number of aspects of the hotel were superb. The room was huge, well furnished and had a fantastic bathroom. The service and amenities (such as TV, washrooms, WiFi) were all great. The staff were always helpful. Even the breakfast was a positive surprise. I was just expecting some cold snacks or a buffet, but they freshly cook you a small breakfast from a number of homely choices.

The only negative from me was the location. I can definitely understand some of the concerns about the area and how dark it is at night. I wasn't keen on staying out too late and walking back through some bits. During the day though the walk into the centre really isn't far at all, so it could be much worse.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo