See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed August 22, 2017 via mobile

Great for the family and a number of leisure activities. Great hotel but the rooms are a bit small. The food is nice and traditional. The WiFi is free but also fast. We'd definitely come here again. Great hotel!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed August 17, 2017 via mobile

The place in nice and clean.
Many things to do for kids like mini zoo play room and small pool.
The staff are very friendly and helpful.
Room are not cleaned every day and towels are not replaced adequately
The breakfast is not varied and poor.
There are some different rooms in the penzion, I recommend the outside rooms not in the main building.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed May 7, 2017 via mobile

We stayed at the Penzion Maria as a group of fathers with kids, (9+13) and enjoyed all of our stay. The rooms were spacious, well equipped, good was excellent including a Saturday BBQ party. Wellness with heated pool and the closed outside garden were just perfect for our kids. Staff very friendly, the owners are hands on and involved in daily operation. I can only recommend and we are coming back for sure.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed March 15, 2017

It was all a misunderstanding. We were 3 friends - single adults, intending to book an apartment with 3 separated beds. I also stated this in the email with my request.
They offered me a one-bedroom apartment (dependance) for three adults but never mentioned the number of beds. Besides, they attached pictures showing a bedroom with sofa+large bed and living room with sofa. This really deceived me and I made the booking. Now it’s very clear that the pictures were from another apartment that was booked at that time period, so it was not available for us.
My friends who arrived first at the location were shocked to see that there are two beds only. When I arrived, I went to the reception to tell them about the issue, but all they could offer was a single extra-bed (folded bed). It was really tiny and its mattress impossible to sleep on. So I took one mattress from the large double bed (lucky us there was two separated mattresses on the large bed). It was really uncomfortable to fold and unfold that single bed, or move it in the living room to get some more space for siting at the table and eating for example.
I have no objection regarding the rest of the things, the pension is clean, the dinners worth the money (7 EUR/pers), the apartment is well equipped with hotplate, microwave oven, vessels, refrigerator, etc. We didn’t use the pool.
You definitely need a car to visit around: 11 km to the slopes, 5 km to Liptovsky Mikulas, 9 km to Tatralandia. Or you can use a taxi cab, it’s about 6 EUR to Liptovsky Mikulas or 10 EUR to Tatralandia. But we were with our cars so it was not a problem for us.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed January 23, 2017

Our room was spacious and well appointed, we had a large suite to accommodate two families, sharing amenities.

The meals served at both breakfast and dinner were plentiful and tasty. Especially considering the buffet nature of the meals.

The penzion is well located for the skibus, or if you have a car it is a 15 minute drive to the ski fields.

All of the staff were friendly and spoke fluent English.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family