“Great Hotel and a greater SPA”

Danubius Health Spa Resort Thermia Palace
Ranked #1 of 20 Hotels in Piestany
qatar
“Great Hotel and a greater SPA”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2009

I stayed there for five nights from the 22 of Sep to 26. my room had nice balcony looking at the pool, very nice bathroom and large comparing to Europe standard. houskeeping very good, food excelent. staff very friendly all over. I liked to have a latte at the bar in the lobby.. The Spa was first class I cannot say any more you will be surpriswd by the service. there is also a large park in front of the hotel.

Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Calgary, Alberta
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2008

The hotel, staff, and food at Thermia itself were all good and overall I had no complaints.

The treatment center on the other hand was probably one of the worst experiences I have ever had in all my travels. The staff was not helpful, and in some cases quite blunt and rude! There was only a handful of additional treatments weren't fully booked for the entire length of our four day stay at the hotel. All of our included treatments were between 7am and 10am which as it turns out is the same time as the breakfast so we were forced to rush through our breakfast, or in one case simply miss it, to actually receive our treatments.

Any comments to the hotel were deflect say that the treatment center is a different center and any issues should be brought up with them. Any comments to the treatment center were met with the same blunt, unhelpful, rudeness that by the end of our stay we had decided was the style of communication at the treatment center.

Our initial hope of relaxation and rejuvenation were only realized when we final got out of that hotel and swore to never go back.

If you are looking for a frustrating, confusing, overpriced, and sometime quite humiliating place to stay, then Thermia is your place. If you are looking for something a little more pleasant then perhaps you should look somewhere else.

• Liked — Leaving
  • Disliked — The entire treatment facility and staff
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
3 Thank Shweed
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2008

I was the first time in my Live in Slovakia, and stayed for my six consecutive days at the Thermia Palace.
The Hotel is beautifull, the staff fantastic, they go out of their way to accomodate you, and the food delicous.
I purchaes the golden winter package from the hotels website, and did not really know what to expect, however once I got the the reception they were organized, had my room and dinner ready as I had a half board package and arrived @9pm.
The treatments were fabulous.
I am already saving to go back as Slovakia will be rading in Euro as of January.

Stayed March 2007