Best Baltic Kaunas Hotel
US$87
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$103/night.

US$61
Magnus Hotel(Kaunas)
US$44
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$50/night.

Kaunas Hotel(Kaunas)
US$102
US$74
US$60
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$67/night.

US$64
US$66
Hermis Hotel(Kaunas)
US$71
Kauno Arkivyskupijos Sveciu Namai(Kaunas)(Great Value!)
US$38
All reviewsold townfirst morningnice hotelfew stepsroom was cleanpedestrian streethotel is locatedyogurtrecommend this hotelcitysaunaminibarcheesechurcharenabus
Reviewed August 25, 2017

I really did enjoy a swimming pool, as it was empty in a morning. and sauna was hot allready. Would apprieciate to use sauna also in the evening, but its open only in the morning time. Stuff was nice, let to keep car in parking lot a bit longer next day.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
BEST BALTIC KAU... K, Manager at Best Baltic Kaunas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2017

Dear Giedrius,

Thank you very much for a very positive review. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. Your review is very important to us, I will share your message with our staff. I hope to see you back in our hotel in near future.

Reviewed August 6, 2017

Hotel is located less than 100m from pedestrian street Laisvės al, where you can find plenty of shops, restaurants and cafes. Old town and its sights are maybe 1km away. Close by are for example Church of St. Michael the Archangel, Žaliakalnio funikular and Christ's Resurrection Church which offers great view over the city. You can take bus 29 from the airport and bus stop in the city is about 400m away on arrival and upon departure 200, note different streets.
Staff welcomed warmly and spoke decent English. Our standard room was on top floor towards the street and windows blocked street noise well. Absolutely best thing in the room was that air-condition was quiet on lowest fan, but enough to keep room cool when outside +30. Bed was firm, which categorise comfortable. Room had also a minibar, I am not sure about pricing. Handicap in the room was, just like nowadays in hotels, that there was not enough power sockets to charge equipment, additionally when you leave the room, all power is turned off. I totally understand that this saves energy, as lights are turned off.
Bathroom was clean and offered standard amenities like shower gel, shampoo and soap. There was also hair-dryer.
Breakfast was plenty enough to keep us running well long into afternoon. There are hot components like eggs in different formats, bacon and sausages. Cold options have cheese, yogurt, cereal etc. Fruits like pear and pineapple are from can, but ok. Hot tea and coffee are available like juice from concentrate.
I would recommend this hotel, it offers good price quality in own category.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
BEST BALTIC KAU... K, Manager at Best Baltic Kaunas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2017

Dear mWrite,

First of all, I want to thank you for such an informative and positive review. Your feedback is very important to us. We will do our best to make our guests happy. I hope to have a chance welcoming you back in Kaunas.

Reviewed July 28, 2017 via mobile

Paid extra for a premium room for business travel, but received a standard room. Asked for a room change, but said they were full. Asked for a refund, but said this wasn't possible. The staff is friendly but apathetic/lazy. Room service didn't clean the entire time I was there. The carpet had stains, and lord knows what I slept in. The shower pierces you with the force of 10,000 moons. The towels are made of sandpaper. There are no outlets near the bed. The WIFI averages 0.3mb/s download (for the entire week). The breakfast is decent, but not worth the downsides. Don't waste your money.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
BEST BALTIC KAU... K, Manager at Best Baltic Kaunas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2017

Dear Bill,

Thank you for your time to write a review regarding your recent stay at our hotel.
On behalf of our entire team, I would like to express sincere apologizes because of the fact that your stay did not exceeded your expectations. Your feedback is very important to us. We have taken the actions to improve our services. I apologize again for all inconveniences caused. We have failed to deliver your services to the expectations this time. I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with an excellent service.

If you need any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact hotel manager directly at +370 37 321 505.

Reviewed June 22, 2017

Stayed only one night. We had a decent standard twin room which had aircon. Location is a bit of a walk to the old town, although through a pedestrian street. Breakfast area was comfy. Did not use the pool or sauna, note free only in mornings, other times you pay. Computer available in the lobby.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
BEST BALTIC KAU... K, Manager at Best Baltic Kaunas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2017

Dear StCrhis,

Thank you for comments and positive feed back regarding your stay at the Best Baltic Kaunas hotel. We will strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to make our guests happy.

Thank you again for sharing your Experience, and we would like to see you back again here at Best Baltic Kaunas hotel.

Reviewed April 6, 2017 via mobile

Booked through booking.com and paid for a superior room which was an extra cost. After researching hotels in kaunas this seemed to tick all the boxes had a gym & pool, free wifi, breakfast included and central location.
Check in was efficient enough although the receptionist didn't have great English she was nice and pleasant. We were advised we could only use the gym and pool between 8-10am, and it was €15 after this time. We were very disappointed with this. After asking to see the gym and pool we were even more disappointed the smallest pool I've ever seen and a corner room for a gym. Needless to say we didn't use this but were very annoyed as it was one of the reasons I chose this hotel!
Our room was a good size but the carpet was covered in stains and there was hair under the toilet seat when we checked in!! We received housekeeping on 2 of the 4 days of our stay, they made the bed but that was about it - tea/coffee facilities are advertised in the room, I had to ring receptionist to ask for coffee sachets and this wasn't restocked at all during our stay. There was a mini bar in the room but the fridge didn't work and everything in it was warm.
We ate in the restaurant on first night and the food was only ok but not of a 4 star standard by any means. The waitress was friendly but more interested in her phone than serving us.
The website advertised a bar and gift shop - there is no bar that you could pop in and have a drink and the gift shop is a glass cabinet in the lobby!!!
Breakfast was the biggest joke I've ever experienced you could have any amount of meat or cheese but couldn't get proper fruit or a slice of toast. The coffee was disgusting I went around the corner to a coffee shop!! The hot buffet consisted of 3items in a chafing dish!! We only ate breakfast one morning because it was so poor. The room service can be ordered by ringing the restaurant which I did for a cappuccino and the charge was €5. On our last morning we got 1cappuccino and 2glasses of juice to the room.
On check out the charge was €7.02for our room service and the receptionist made a big deal when we didn't have the 2cents I gave a 10cents to cover and she was not impressed with me as she had to break a €50!!!
I would not have written such a poor review only on check out there were 3staff in the area and not one of them asked how our stay was- this really annoyed me as we'd just stayed for 4nights!!! I'd prefer to give my feedback directly to the hotel but they clearly don't care!
The location was perfect walking distance to all you'd need and taxis just outside the door.
The wifi was included in room price and brilliant speed.
Some of the staff do try their best and are friendly but the overall feel is that they just don't care.
If you're looking for a well located hotel this is it but that's the only thing really going for it.
I can't understand how to his hotel was awarded 4 stars based on the cleanliness of rooms and the facilities on offer!!

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple