All reviews own garden great hosts quiet village dana guesthouse hallway
Reviewed July 23, 2017

Dana and Jurgis are warm hosts, willing to go the extra mile. Jurgis even had us follow him in his car to show us where a cafe was upon our (evening) arrival. Dana's breakfasts are top-notch. Two things could use improving:

1. The Wifi didn't reach our room. Fortunately the hallway has comfortable furniture, so we sat out there to use our devices. Jurgis was apologetic.

2. In the room: a) There needs to be a wastebasket in the bedroom as well as the bathroom b) The bathroom needs a shower caddy; and the detachable shower head was too high for me to reach.

Regardless, highly recommended.

Room Tip: Kaunas is car oriented, and Ringaudai is a residential district.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed June 11, 2017 via mobile

We choosed this wonderful place in a hurry to get quickly a place to overnight, and we are pleased we did it. What a lovely, homemade garden with a nice terrace, all the garden taken care with love by the owners. I got some ideas from there to take with into my own garden :)
We got a spacious room at downstairs with own entrance, so we got plenty of privacy. Good for us, we had been travelling a long time do we loved this option.
The owners were more than lovely and kind, it felt like we had come at home. The lady offered us coffee in the morning for free, we hadn't paid for breakfast, so this felt very nice.
Four stars is our ranking, so why not five stars now? Well, the room was a little bit could because was situated at the basement and I had too little clothes with me. My mistake somehow maybe ;-) The room was also little bit worn, but it worked anyway.
So do not pass this place, go there and feel like you are very welcome to the place. Next time we will choose this place again, if we are nearby. Do not hesitate, try this! :)

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed June 13, 2016

Staying at Nemunas Tour Guest House was like staying with family. The owners went out of there way on more than one occasion to assure that we were comfortable and had a great stay. Our bedroom room was cozy and quiet, the location easy to find, the gardens and patio lovely, and the cost affordable. The breakfast was a work of art, with lovely fresh garden herbs and sprouts.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 28, 2015

Location: The B&B is located a little outside of Kaunas close to the EXX. It is a very calm area and I felt very safe here. As we were on a round trip through Lithuania it wasn’t that much a problem because we didn’t plan on going into the city center.
Hotel: I really love this B&B. The house is very cute and the rooms were gemütlich. The B&B has its own garden as well as a refrigerator/ freezer to be used by the guests.
Staff: Well, what can I say? I think the owners of the B&B are one of the most caring and enthusiastic hosts I ever met. Right in the beginning they tried to help us with everything, printed maps for us, and tried to make us feel as comfortable as possible. The atmosphere in this B&B a little bit like in a family: I got to know the son in law and the granddaughter and played with both of them on my guitar. I really felt home here and enjoyed my stay a lot. We even stayed one day longer than we had planned.
Food: From the beginning we knew that there is no restaurant in the B&B, but the owner of the hotel helped us to find a good restaurant nearby.
The breakfast was AWESOME! Everything was self-made by the host-mom and lots of things were taken from her own garden. She made her own bread, grew her own salad and so on. As far as I understood, the food was completely organic and I really liked that.
Cleanliness: The rooms very clean and I was perfectly happy.
Total: The price/performance ratio was excellent!! If you have the opportunity to stay there, than: GO! I would come back to Lithuania just to stay there one more time.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Julesdedoelker
Reviewed June 27, 2015

Nemunas Tour is not a fancy, polished inn, but rather a comfortable, roomy family-feeling place. My wife and I felt at home from the moment Danute, our hostess, met and greeted us in the car park. She led us straight into her garden, talking steadily about the plants and what she does with them. Garden produce was a major feature of the excellent breakfasts, as well as fresh eggs and home baked breads.
Jurgis, our host, with the aid of the large map on the hallway wall, made suggestions for our day trips, and provided us with the sort of local advice and knowledge that can make so much difference to the enjoyment of any area.
The guesthouse is located in a village convenient to Kaunas; a quiet spot where the guest can walk or bicycle through the countryside, or travel easily into the city or on to other destinations.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple