“Unapealling for non-vegans”
Review of Zalioji Virtuve

Zalioji Virtuve
Ranked #48 of 183 Restaurants in Klaipeda
Price range: US$5 - US$9
Description: "ŽALIOJI VIRTUVĖ" it is place where you can taste wide range of raw and vegan food, drink smoothies or just meet someone for a cup of coffee enjoying various raw desserts. There is a small playground for children so young families are welcome. For your convenience there is a small shop were you can buy superfoods. It is also pet fiendly place. For those who wants to learn how to make raw dishes we are organising lessons on sundays.
Reviewed November 29, 2017

Food in general is all about personal preference. But when it comes to raw food, it gets much more complicated. Raw food is digested differently and it requires more effort to prepare really tasty raw meals. Even though Zalioji Virtuve offers high quality raw food, it still might not be enough to attract more non-vegans, because even many vegans have mixed feelings about raw food. And since it's the only vegan place in Klaipeda, it doesn't represent veganism properly.
We tried several of their dishes and my friend liked it, me - not so much. However, we both enjoyed cold beetroot soup. I love salad and eat a lot of raw vegetables, but after their zucchini spaghetti I felt realy heavy, which is very unusual for me. So beware of it. But if you want to try something new and unusual - go for it, but just don't think that this is all what vegans eat! :)

Date of visit: September 2017

Reviewed July 28, 2017 via mobile

The place is quite pricey, but it's normal for this kind of place where you expect to get good quality. Unfortunately this place was a disappointment.

I ate a dish with mushrooms filled with cashew cream and served with salad. Everything (except salad) was drowned in oil and salt. Raw food is supposed to be fresh and healthy but this dish left me feeling I had eaten a serving of french fries.

I don't really get why (supposedly?) good ingredients have to be dried and oiled. Just being raw doesn't make food healthy and too much oil and salt isn't even tasty.

This place didn't meet my expectations of raw food but I'm happy there is a vegan place here!

Date of visit: July 2017
Dalia G, Manager at Zalioji Virtuve, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2017

Every review is like a mirror of client. Positive or negative - it is always subjective, especially if client tries only one dish. why write such words if you really expressing the happines of yours that such place exist. No one can meet expectations of all peaple.

Reviewed July 18, 2017 via mobile

Stopped by for lunch. It is apparently a cozy family restaurant with an open kitchen. I did notice some discrepancy, however, between the calm atmosphere (relaxing instrumental music, soothing scent of dried herbs, etc.) and a child hitting something with a wooden hammer as hard as he can in the kid's corner. Well, at least you can be sure this place is family-friendly! The vegetable soup (4€) was nice and full of flavours, the dry bread even more so. Raw lasagnia (9€) was delicious at first but eventually I found myself overpowered by the strong, nutty flavours, those few fresh vegetables provided were not enough to maintain any balance. Nevertheless, if that's something you're into the dish is indeed quite filling, I had no space for even the smallest dessert left. All in all, it's worth a visit.

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed April 10, 2017

Everything we tried - tomato soup, zucchini spaghetti and seaweed salad was freshly prepared and full of taste. The desserts are worth a try as well.
The restaurant's interior is bright with a soft music in the background adding up to the great food.
Brought an omnivore along - he loved it! I will definitely come back.

Date of visit: April 2017
Reviewed February 14, 2017 via mobile

I return to this cozy family owned place each time I go to Klaipeda. I would say that rissole made of sunflower seeds (+other ingredients of course) is my favorite from main meals. Green smoothies, desserts are great, coffee is good. And you can purchase some good quality bio/eko produce there as well. It's a must to visit!

Date of visit: February 2017