See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed December 4, 2016

One thing they forget to let you know when you book is that they run a kosher cuisine (as a matter of fact, their listing on booking.com says that they offer European cuisine). This would normally be fine by me, as long as there was anything edible to eat. Breakfast is 'a la carte' with very poor selection of food. Two out of three mornings they haven't had the shakshuka I wanted to eat. One time I tried scrambled eggs (awful and tasteless), the other I just took tea (they only had regular black tea, no green tea or other 'luxuries'). Both times the bread was terribly stale (only one kind of bread, cut into very thin and very dry slices), and when I asked for butter to try and make it somewhat palatable, I was told that butter was not kosher, hence it was not offered (I tried to check this, but the sources I found on the internet say that butter is normally kosher). They haven't bothered with offering perhaps a vegetable spread (like margarine, for example). Some mayonnaise was there, but seriously, who eats mayonnaise for their breakfast? The third morning I didn't bother with breakfast.
Internet signal was very weak in my room, kept disconnecting me every couple of minutes, and when it was there it was impossible to have anything done, so I asked the reception to try to do something about it. They allegedly tried, but the signal remained the same, i.e. almost non-existent. So, in order to have any work done I needed to be in the hotel lobby to get the signal.
The staff was nice and helpful, and the location excellent but not enough to make me recommend the place or come back.

Date of stay: November 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Coccinelle75
Reviewed September 10, 2016 via mobile

The hotel per se was nice, excellent position, in front of the Cathedral. Accommodating staff. Very clean rooms 1930 style, but the pavements were moving while we walked, witch was a bit awkward, 'couse the closet was moving as well.
Anyway, breakfast menu was very limited (eggs all the way), no croissants, yogurt ecc. No usual breakfast food.
90€ for the night. Only for the position in our opinion.

Date of stay: September 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank fabriziopA8893NI
Reviewed August 14, 2016 via mobile

Only 8 cosy rooms. Very near the cathedral. We took bus 88 from the airport for 1 euro and got off 400 m from the hotel. Friendly and helpful staff.
The restaurant is in the basement and is kosher which has some drawbacks for the hotel breakfast: Soy milk instead of regular and limited choices, especially on a Saturday.
Wifi worked in the lobby but seldom on the second floor. Clean and with a good bed. Only one twin room - others are doubles.

Date of stay: August 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Pia J
Reviewed July 30, 2016

Great location near to the Cathedral Square, with some good views and sounds of the bell tower. Rooms simply furnished but comfortable, and with more character than a larger or more modern hotel. The kosher menu at breakfast was fine, but not to everyone's taste, and on some mornings the service was poor, and the food burnt or very slow in arriving.

Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed July 13, 2016

Brilliant location, just off the main square. Quiet wannabe boutique hotel - only 8 rooms! Clean retro rooms. Friendly staff who don't seem to communicate with the kosher restaurant downstairs. Booked this place on the strength of the fab. meal we had here some years ago. Oh boy, has that changed! Didn't really check the hotel before we left. They should only accept kosher eating guests. What about the non-kosher majority? We were told that on Saturday (sabbath) the restaurant was closed and they could make us a "lunch box". Hotel management please note... you could always arrange breakfast elsewhere if it is against your religion to work on Saturdays. The "starter" was a mezze of odd dishes - not for breakfast and some old crepes! Porridge had to be ordered in advance, although on the last day it did not appear...:( This hotel does not deserve a 4-star rating - having to ask for toilet paper and some cheap shower sachets. TV didn't work either.

Room tip: Avoid the restaurant unless you are of the Jewish faith
Date of stay: July 2016