“Food was great had it been hot”
Review of Dominic

Dominic
Ranked #5 of 1,095 Restaurants in Tallinn
Price range: US$7 - US$26
Cuisines: European
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: The Dominic Restaurant in the heart of Old Town of Tallinn is a cosy dining place for all worshippers of European cuisine. Wine enthusiasts can choose their favourite from among 400 different wines. Restaurant Dominic won "Best Restaurant" and "Best Chef" categories at the Silverspoon Awards 2012 held by the Gastronomy Society of Estonia.
Reviewed April 5, 2018 via mobile

We visited Dominic third time, because there had never been disappointments and because of the great wine list. This time it was a big disappointment. Restaurant was not busy at all, but it took almost 2 hours to get the mains. Appetizers were good. When the mains finally were served, the waiter did not come back to check. The mains had waited for him some where like we had waited for them. They were luke warm on arrival. Since the waiter was nowhere to be seen, we continued esting, hungry as we were. My husband had finished hia and I was halfway when the waiter was insight. I pointed out the coldness and response was most surprising. He asked me if I wanted a new one!
No apologies of any kind, a promise to pass on the information to chef was his response. Later, when receiving the bill, he answered upon enquiry that the mains were made to us and other persons simultaneously. No apologies. I can spend my money in Tallinn better next time, the food would have been great had it not wsited somewhere on the way to the table.

2  Thank KaisaEspoo_Finland

Reviewed March 27, 2018

This establishment lacks in overall food preparation and quality. The service is pretty much non existent and leaves the customer feeling like they have to beg to get anything. Considering the tone of the staff which leans arrogant and the poor quality and taste of the food I cannot recommend which conscious effort. The patrons seems more interested in heavy drinking than fine dining. I will not return.

1  Thank reviews732
Aron R, Manager at Dominic, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2018

Dear reviews732.
It´s sad to hear, that You were disappointed in our restaurant. We would like to improve ourselves and would like to know more specifically, what did You eat and what could we do better.
I can confirm, that we use only best quality ingredients in our kitchen and classic preparation methods of French cuisine.
Kindly,
Aron Rahu
restaurant Dominic

Reviewed March 19, 2018

Everything is the best. We loved it for the last 7 years, and it still deliver fantastic food and service in a fantastic location. We will go back again and again with or without Norwegian friends.

Reviewed March 19, 2018

Hello everyone
We visited Dominic during Tallinn restaurants week 17 March 2018 and were very satisfied. Really nice waitress and tasty food. We had chief´s compliment then appetizer creamy Jerusalem artichoke soup with 63ºC egg, dried egg yolk and mushrooms. I am not big fan of mushrooms and artichoke but with egg it worked suprisingly well. Sherbet will shampaign to refresh our tastes and we continued with main course - pork belly with sauerkraut spring roll, apple-parsnip cream and mustard sauce. It remaind little Christmas time since in Estonia we eat also sauerkraut and pork. For desert cold chocolate cake with Vana Tallinn, pistachio, mustard seeds and plum. Creamy chocolate cake and you could taste our legendary alcohol Vana Tallinn in it. Loved the place, service was excellent and food was tasty. I will came back to try other things in menu.

Reviewed March 16, 2018

Dominic is well-located restaurant in the centre of the city.The food we had was delicious.The beef Bourguignon with almond potato, beans, onion confit´ was faultless,it was just melting in the mouth.For the dessert we had crème brûlée with goat cheese and sea buckthorn,what was a little bit too sweet.There was a buckthorn puree,but this was not enough to balance this sweet dessert.It definitely needed something more sour or maybe sorbee.And the brûlée caramelized top was cold unfortunately.The service was rather unfriendly and not warmhearted,but at least quick.All in all,great restaurant to have a great meal.