“Delicious innovative food, excellent service”

Vaike Rataskaevu 16
Ranked #2 of 1,130 Restaurants in Tallinn
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The restaurant was heavily booked but the staff advised they could fit me in if I came for an early dinner. I'm so glad I did. I had the roast elk, which was superb, meltingly tender with a delicious berry sauce, and had it paired with a designer Estonian beer recommended by my waiter Juri, who gave wonderful service all evening. A delicious house-baked rye bread with smoked salt flavoured butter was served alongside the meal.

For dessert I had the cloudberry icecream with chocolate shards and more berries (they are big on berries in Estonia) paired with a glass of sea buckthorn flavoured schnapps).

This was possibly the best dining experience I have had in my life and the price was very reasonable. As a solo diner I sometimes feel ignored in restaurants, but I received attentive service all evening and the staff gave the impression that they wanted nothing more than for me to have an enjoyable evening.

I cannot recommend this restaurant enough, and would encourage you to book in advance if you are going to Tallinn.

1  Thank Claire E

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

the best place in Tallinn. Great, professional and friendly service.
Delicius food. Defenately worht to try it .

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The food and service here were simply exceptional. Also, the food represented very good value for money (inexpensive for the quality).

The very kind waitress oozed charisma and had good knowledge and clear passion for all the food on the menu, helping us choose more traditional Estonian dishes.

We enjoyed an excellent three course meal with the home made malt bread (not to be missed). This was accompanied by an excellent Slovenian sauvignon.

Looking around the room, the same level of service was consistently delivered to all tables and you could see the smiles on people's faces as the pretty plates of food arrived.

1  Thank newc1531
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This was our last meal in Tallinn before flying home and, OMG, we sure were lucky and picked the best! This was the most wonderful meal. The chef deserves an award! The service was fantastic and the restaurant itself is really cosy and welcoming.
I couldn’t recommend it any more: you have to try it!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The place where you can’t do any mistakes by the order! Excellent foods, all of them and very kind service!!! Just a perfect place! Reservations is needed! Of course!

1  Thank Viktor H