2,452 results
All reviewstop floorhorisont restaurantharbour viewgreat hotelold townexecutive floorswiss hoteldepartment storerain showerhuge bedsky barbusiness hotelcoffee machinemodern hotelcorner roomsteam roomstar hotel
Reviewed August 5, 2017 via mobile

Service was excellent and attentive this time around. Only comment is that there are not enough staff on reception after midnight so if you get behind the Lufthansa crew then you're in for a long wait!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
STL_Swissotel, Public Relations Manager at Swissotel Tallinn, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2017

Dear guest,

Thank you for the great feedback! We are sincerely grateful for your nice feedback and very useful comments. We will surely keep in mind your suggestions for improvement and will share your kind compliments with the team. Thank you again for the feedback and hopefully we can welcome you back to Swissôtel Tallinn soon enough!

Reviewed August 5, 2017

I have stayed in Swissotel Tallinn perhaps 6-7 times over the course of several years, and am very familiar with the other hotels in this city too.

Swissotel is a 5-star hotel located some 5 min drive from the airport. It's a little outside the touristic areas, which is usually the old city. Next to the hotel you'll find the department store Stockmann, and Viru shopping center is some 10 mins away.

The rooms are large and the higher floor you are in, the better views. The decor leans towards dark shades which, in my opinion, gives this hotel a more luxurious feel to it. The beds are massive and bathrooms very large. Most rooms don't have a bathtub, but there is a big shower. Bathroom walls are partially glass - I think it can be an issue for those who are very private and travel with someone.

The hotel has a gym and a spa area, which are both very well maintained. The service in the facilities is also excellent.

The lobby bar, where I usually enjoy a couple of glasses of wine during my stay, offers a selection of drinks as well as food and cakes. But be aware that the food apparently is prepared in another floor (probably where the breakfast is served), which means that it can take a few moments until you get it. But the service is excellent and staff speak several languages.

The breakfast in this hotel is fantastic, yet very expensive (around 25 euros). But you can order special coffees such as cafe latte, or omelettes, which is a nice touch.

The hotel has a spa, which I have never tried. The prices seem steep for Estonia. Instead, I get my spa treatments at CitySpa, which is only some minutes by foot. And offers excellent quality for the money in top notch facilities. Highly recommended!

What is worth knowing is that generally in Estonia, customer service culture is still very much developing. Going the extra mile for customers is not part of their culture, but I would very much like to see that hotels such as Swissotel make an effort to do something extra for their customers. It can be small things such as welcoming a regular customer back with a small handwritten note, a complimentary upgrade if there is availability or similar - not big things, but something a that guest relations manager has the power to do. I was happy to see Hilton open in Tallinn as this will hopefully increase the pressure to really hold on to customers and focus more on service. More competition means that Swissotel will need to ramp up their service game to stay at the top.

Hot tip: The sky bar serves great drinks and offers fantastic views over the entire city - sometimes all the way to Helsinki! But the bar is often very busy, so getting your drinks can take a while.

Room Tip: Harbour view is lovely
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Johanna P

Dear Johanna,

Thank you for staying in Swissôtel Tallinn and taking the time to write such a lovely review! We are truly glad to read that our breakfast and the guest rooms have met to manage your expectations. Hopefully, you'll have a chance to visit our Pürovel Spa & Sport someday as well. We appreciate your loyalty and already look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed August 5, 2017

Stayed two nights and everything went well. Only set back is that the gym opens at 9am on weekends which in my opinion is too late. Especially also since the breakfast ends at 10.30. Breakfast is a great hotel breakfast. Wouldn't say the best, but it has all the essentials. Room was beautiful with a nice view over Tallinn and effective air-conditioning. Location is good, a short walk from the old town. Staff is really professional.

Room Tip: As high up as possible to get the best view
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family

Dear Philip,

Thank you very much for your positive words towards our staff and hotel! It is very important to us and it makes us extremely glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! We would like to thank you for your kind words towards our guest room - the views from our hotel are indeed amazing. We are sincerely grateful for your very useful comments about the gym opening hours. We will surely keep in mind your suggestions for improvement and will share your kind comments with the team. Thank you again for the feedback and hopefully we can welcome you back to Swissôtel Tallinn soon enough!

Reviewed August 3, 2017

This is a standard business hotel, wouldn't argue better than the rest of them. The location is about a 15 - 20 minute walk to the tourist office (middle of the town) if you know the route. Not too many dining options directly by the hotel (unless you want to eat in a mall), so you walk into old town. It's not a bad hotel, just your standard run of the mill business hotel. The only thing that stands out, though negatively, the maids kept on moving my stuff around even taking my shower gel out of the shower, and they didn't like I had a dirty clothes bag on the floor next to my luggage so they kept moving it into the luggage. A little tidying is "nice" but moving everything around and putting things in drawers makes it difficult for me to find (and potentially even forget). I mainly choose this place for the A/C given I went in July, but Tallinn isn't really hot in the first place (and the A/C really didn't work all that well). In short, compared to other places nearby that are about 1/3rd cheaper - I would try one of these instead. (oh and people keep saying this is a 5 star hotel, not sure how though).

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed August 2, 2017

Good location but very rude staff. All used bathroom amenities in my room. Even complementary water bottle they don't provide. Asking me to drink from tap water in the bathroom. Idiotic hotel and staff. Between, I have travelled the world and have had much better experiences everywhere. This is not even close to a 5 star hotel in terms of service

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with swissotel.com

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience, it is very important for us. We provide complimentary water bottles only in our Executive rooms and our suites. In Advantage rooms, we do have minibars, where our costumers can get a bottle of water and pay for it later. We very much appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay and hopefully, we can welcome you back to Swissôtel Tallinn soon enough!

Swissôtel Tallinn management