“Good steaks nice place”

Price range: US$5 - US$21
Cuisines: Eastern European
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Everyone is welcome in Von Krahli Aed: vegans and omnivores, paleo enthusiasts and wine lovers, monks and sybarites. We prefer local. We prefer organic. We prefer well-balanced food. We prefer the Nordic crispness and the taste of the food’s ingredient itself. We prefer organic wines. We don’t have any others. All of our dishes can be ordered with or without meat. Our belief is that the pleasure from fresh and pure food is one of the greatest that nature can offer us. We strive to mediate this joy to you with our best skills (according to our best skills?). Welcome to the Embassy of Pure Food!
Reviewed October 25, 2012

I think they have the best steak (€14) I have had in Tallinn so I ate the steak both as dinner one day and lunch another day. Sorbets ok but not perfect and the same for the creme brulee.
Service was good. Price was reasonable for what Y get I think.
So overall for the food I think a 4 is ok.
Try the Poltsamaa Tommu Vintage 2003 Blackcurrant wine think it cost €3 a glass.

1  Thank svharkes
Write a ReviewReviews (2,304)

Reviewed October 25, 2012 via mobile

We found this restaurant through trip advisor. Perfect way to start our holiday and booked to eat here on our last evening. Had herring with beetroot ice cream and my wife had duck liver starter they were both fantastic, really tasty - mains we both had chefs fish choice which was cod and desserts were iced cheese cake and chocolate cake with hot cherry sauce both again were amazing. All this with a bottle of very nice white wine and coffee to finish for 60 euros.

Reviewed October 24, 2012

I went to this restaurant based on Tripadvisor review, after visit I can say that for me is number 1 restaurant in Tallinn.

During 3 days I was here 3 times 

Food is fabulous – very interesting connection of tastes.
Herring on seed bread – just WOW – such a simple appetizers but really surprising composition !
Gratinated goat cheese – fabulous

Soups were ok, tasting but after soups Main dishes – and again wonderful festival of tastes

Service - extremely friendly and helpful.

Interior – interesting

Hope to see Van Krahli Aed (I need to learn pronunciations  ) on 1st place

Reviewed October 22, 2012

It seems Von Krahli is getting bonus from hearding now :) Just had a lunch there and experience was pleasant, but not spectacular in anyway. Food, service and atmosphere is ok and on the level that decent restaurants also in Tallinn should be. But giving "fives" is inflationary. There is no way this place can compete with restaurants like Dominic, Tsaikovski, Bordoo, etc.

But having said that, it is a very good bang for the buck anyway and good choice for everyday lunch or dinner.

Reviewed October 17, 2012

Just had a 3 course meal here with my husband. Definitely deserves it's number 2 position on the restaurant ranking for Tallinn.

The food was all delicious - the pea and mint soup was refreshing as my starter, and the mixed fish place my husband really enjoyed.
I had the salmon main and my husband the duck - both were a good size, had veg and potato types with them, with tasty sauces.
We then had amazing desserts - ice cheesecake, and a chocolate cake with hot cherry sauce and peppermint ice cream.

The staff were perfect - attentive but not intrusive. The waiter recommended the duck, which my husband was grateful for as he said it was the best duck he's had.

The bill was very cheap - for 3 courses per person (2 people), 1 large glass of wine, 1 beer, some tap water = 44 euros.

Well worth the money and likely to return in the 5 days we are here!