“Incredible Spa”

ESPA Riga
Ranked #1 of 57 Spas & Wellness in Riga
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: ESPA Riga is the largest five-star spa in the Baltic and Scandinavian region, offering an exclusive five star facility with luxurious interior design finishes, warm amber tones and an architectural central feature staircase embellished with a beautiful lighting sculpture from the renowned designer Eva Menz. The six floor spa has been uniquely tailored to provide a genuinely holistic and restorative experience for each guest and member.
Manchester, United Kingdom
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“Incredible Spa”
Reviewed 23 December 2011

I have been to many spa's around the world, this is the best! Housed in it's own 6 story building, upon arrival I was greeting by discreet and refined staff who escorted me up to the 6th floor to explain the facilities before showing me to the changing rooms. Following this I enjoyed the 'Steam Pods', 'Experience Showers', sauna and 36 degree outdoor pool. This was my personal favourite, relaxing in beautifully warm water outdoors in minus 3 degree heat in the centre of Riga! I then chilled out in the relaxation room before being met by my therapist. She escorted me to the room and treated me to a wonderful back scrub and massage followed by a head and scalp massage and facial. All on a heated bed contoured to the shape of my body. Needless to say I feel asleep. Finally, following all this, I was treated to a 2 course dinner in the Spa Cafe. The food was excellent quality including the main course of Quail. I took the Just For You package at LVL65 for over 3 hours of relaxation which I feel is incredible value. Take a visit, it's the best around!

1 Thank KochamCie

• Finnish first
Bergen, Norway
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Stunning, Wonderful!”
Reviewed 20 December 2011

I had two treatment ("ritual") packages at ESPA Riga and they were both FANTASTIC. One was a couples treatment and I was incredibly impressed by how professional and in sync the therapists were with each other and with us. I'm not a spa-junkie, but I've visited a fair number and none of them even come close to ESPA Riga.

The pre-treatment spa area is gorgeous: beautiful fireplace surrounded by sofas and tea and snacks, male/female only relaxation beds with headphones and reading lamps, sauna and steam "pods" with space for only a few people at a time so it feels exclusive even with other people around. Rain showers, an outdoor pool with water jets (in December it was therapeutic to just sit and watch the steam rise from the pool), and a really wonderful cafe (we had a delicious quail lunch on our last day and wished we had discovered the cafe earlier in our stay!). The changing rooms are luxurious, and the staff perfect.

The prices are high (as in double) compared to other spas in Riga, but I definitely plan on returning, and wouldn't consider for a second trying out another spa. This is the gold standard as far as I'm concerned!

The only two things I would change are: the pool could be warmer, at least in the winter. And the showers in the changing rooms were a bit smelly, like maybe they have a general plumbing problem. In contrast, the showers in the treatment rooms are beautiful.

Visited December 2011
1 Thank Celina T
Trondheim, Norway
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Nice and relaxing experience”
Reviewed 20 August 2011

My husband and I went to Riga this August and decided to visit the ESPA. We were happy to find this place as nice as we hoped it would be. Proffessional staff greating us at the frontdesk, showing us around before we spent an hour in different saunas and a pool with an open roof an viev of the blue sky. Afterwards we relaxed a bit before we each got a wonderful massage. The place is highly reccomended! Enjoy it!

6 Thank Nina L
Riga, Latvia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“A must try”
Reviewed 19 August 2011

It wasn't my first time at ESPA Riga, but I like every time more. Cosy athmosphere, great kindness, all settings refined and marvellous relax. The open pool at sixth floor is fantastic, expecially between an hot an steam sauna. Ater that, relax sitting in confortables armchair or lying in soft bed drinking green tea, eating some fresh fruits and listening relaxing music. All this before a massage... What you need more??

2 Thank Grendel70
Dundee, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Just great!”
Reviewed 17 August 2011

My sister and I were recently on holiday inRiga and went for a day package at Espa including lunch.
The lunch was delicious, all the staff could not have been nicer and the whole experience was very relaxing and well worth the money.The showers and changing area were very clean and pleasant.
We hope to go back next year on a return visit.
I would recommend this spa as a lovley experience to have.

4 Thank margaret m