“Beautiful venue, exceptional ballet company”

Latvian National Opera
Book In Advance
More Info
US$35.16*
and up
Old Town Walking Tour of Riga
Ranked #8 of 262 things to do in Riga
Reviewed October 2, 2017

Just visited Riga with my 10-year-old daughter. The Swan Lake at the National Opera was the absolute highlight of our stay. Beautiful costumes, amazing dancers - fantastic experience.

1  Thank Julia V
in 26 reviews
"production"
in 20 reviews

Reviewed September 29, 2017

I attended a performance of Bizet's Carmen in the Latvian National Opera in June 2017 and I should say that it's the most unusual opera production that I saw - but also the most captivating one. You may not like it if you prefer traditional interpretations, but if you are open for new experiences, I would recommend it. There is a very tidy part nearby the opera house.

1  Thank igormk
Reviewed September 17, 2017 via mobile

An impressive building with a beautiful park in front. The floral arrangements in the park were bright, colorful and a great contrast to this large columned structure.

Reviewed September 10, 2017

Went to see The Marriage of Figaro, and while I'm not much of a judge it seemed to be of a high standard in comparison to other performances of that opera I've seen. Tickets were very good value. We sat in the stalls row 12 and the view and acoustics were very good. Sur-titles were very high up so you had to keep glancing up - if you want to follow closely I wouldn't recommend stalls for this reason. Seats are comfortable, of the faux 'dining chair' style i.e. actually fixed together at the arms and to the floor. There were two intervals. The downstairs bar/cafe is lovely. When we pre-ordered interval drinks and a piece of cake we were allocated our own table which was nicer than the usual system of collecting your drinks from a shelf or side table that you often get in the UK. It was sold out and I noticed that audience members, especially locals, were relatively dressed up especially ladies - good for them. Casual would be fine though - I was wearing jeans and a crumpled jacket out of my rucksack and didn't feel out of place.

1  Thank Ian1917