Book In Advance
In high demand - travellers recommend booking ahead!

Ways to Experience Latvian National Opera
from US$58.10
from US$34.90
from US$209.30
More Info
All reviews swan lake la traviata beautiful building don giovanni great seats box office sleeping beauty wonderful performance madame butterfly interval drinks front row main hall visited riga old town ballet theatre production
Reviewed October 19, 2017 via mobile

Had a chance to watch Boléro as a ballet in Riga. It was really good. Not only because of part III (which featured Ravel’s “hit”) but also because of the brilliant lighting in part I and a very good scenography in part II. I would highly recommend watching ballet in Riga. Not because it’s cheap - I paid 21 Euros for a center seat on row 3, probably one of the best seats - but because of the artistic quality!

1  Thank Henrik R
Reviewed October 12, 2017

We were lucky enough to hear someone practicing their arias as we were strolling past in the picturesque gardens. A real treat and totally free! See if you can be as lucky?!

1  Thank incite_wanderlust
Reviewed October 10, 2017

The exterior of the opera house is very pretty but the interior is absolutely stunning. It is plush, rich and ornate. I saw the production of Peer Gynt which was beautifully orchestrated. The dancers and musicians were world class. And the price for the tickets can't be beat. I would return to Riga simply to see more productions here!

3  Thank Z0siaB
Reviewed October 6, 2017

My wife and I took a guided tour in English. The Opera House located in Riga is full of history and has may interesting aspects. We visited all areas including the stage, the stalls, the Gods, saw the orchestral pit, the toilets, back of house, etc. We took lots of photos and had a special opera presentation in the upstairs auditorium with an opera singer and pianist from a current production, singing famous songs. We were very impressed with the acoustics and of course, the performance. Highly recommended for a tour of this iconic opera house.

1  Thank MWandAW
Reviewed October 2, 2017

Just visited Riga with my 10-year-old daughter. The Swan Lake at the National Opera was the absolute highlight of our stay. Beautiful costumes, amazing dancers - fantastic experience.

1  Thank Julia V