US$192
US$67
  • Breakfast included
St. Peter's Boutique Hotel(Riga)(Great Value!)
US$93
US$85
US$134
US$128
US$93
US$98
US$76
Savings alert! 29% below average rates

The price you found is 29% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$107/night.

US$75
  • Breakfast included
Rixwell Old Riga Palace Hotel(Riga)(Great Value!)
US$79
US$77
  • Breakfast included
Europa Royale Riga(Riga)(Great Value!)
US$79
US$75
  • Breakfast included
Rixwell Gertrude Hotel(Riga)(Great Value!)
US$51
US$45
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsclassic roomold townbusiness roomgreat hotelthe buscentral marketupgraded to a suiteperfect locationopera houseexploring rigafresh fruitwalking distancean upgradebusiness classour room was spaciousbreakfast includedclose to the hotel
Reviewed April 3, 2018

First thing that happened was that I got an upgrade!
Amazing room, spacious with a beautiful interior and amazing king size bed. Fresh and modern bathroom with a huge shower, great. Dressing room/closet area in a separate room. This is one of the best hotel rooms I ever stayed in regarding design, loved it. The only negative is the noise from the tram outside, as my room was on second floor and overlooking the street. I guess at higher floors and rooms looking the other way it won't be an issue.

Staff was very serviceminded and friendly, nothing to fault there.

Breakfast was good, a lot to choose from but could have had more fruits and vegetables. Seating is a little bit limited, might be a problem getting a table.

All in all, excellent hotel and very good value for money.

Room Tip: Try not to get the lower floors overlooking the street because of noise.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
SemaraHHotels, Front Office Manager at METROPOLE by SemaraH, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2018

Dear Jon E,
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on TripAdvisor about your three night stay with us. I was happy to read that you enjoyed your upgraded and found our hotel perfect for your needs while visiting Riga.

I appreciate all your kind comments about our beautiful interior, amazing kling size bed, modern bathroom, dresing room area and our
breakfast. Also I was happy to read that our staff was flawless!

Should your travels bring you back this way, we'd be honored to host you once more!

Warmly,

Reviewed April 3, 2018

The hotel was in an excellent loacation. It was close to the bus and train terminals but is also convenient to walk to all the local attrations (Old Town / Quiet Centre).

The breakfast was excellent and the staff very polite and accomodating.

My only concern was the bed and pillows were way too soft for my liking and although i had the heating off the room was incredibly hot (which i found strange as the temperature outside was about zero). In the end i had to have the window open but then the noise from outside was too much).

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo

Dear mistyday71,

Thank you for your review with regards to your recent stay.
I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and that our location was convenient for you.
We appreciate you taking the time to let us know of your experience at our hotel and hope that you return in the future.

Best Regards,

Reviewed March 21, 2018 via mobile

And my reply would be not really a problem more a helping hand...as part of a university group We arrived in Riga for 5 days of a field trip into urban planning.

I was told many thanks about Riga as proved right.

First, the front of house who greeted us was fantastic, great smile, professional and welcoming. A warm smile that is my weakness!

Secondly, love the room (love is too emotionally linked) cosy is better. A little warm. Now two bad things as placed in the picture attachments. Fixtures broken and I air extractor not working. (Lose marks)

Third, great breakfast I have to get used to Eastern European plate. (Cold cuts like it) Top marks on the coffee that may bump things up. You guys in Latvia do great coffee,what is the brand? Please tell.

Fourthly, nice building, stairs and structure

So I give it four stars bumped up because I am sucker for good coffee.

Down point I have to get used to it snowing and it being colder then the Uk.

Would I come again? (Many hotel to review that is my passion) I always say no in all my reviews because, it is not about my time in a hotel but the area. So would I come to Riga it is growing on me. Would I recommend this place then the answer would be yes.

So you should be proud of staff and teams they did well.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank BLACKSTARSOFAFRICA
SemaraHHotels, Front Office Manager at METROPOLE by SemaraH, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2018

Dear BLACKSTARSOFAFRICA,

Thank you for taking time to review your stay with us!
I am very happy to hear that our team made you feel welcomed and that our hotel and it's location was to your liking.
Also I'm pleased to let you know that the coffee brand we use is CAFFÈ BONOMI S.p.A. from Italy, Milan.
Thank you for recommending us to the travelers and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed March 21, 2018

I had the pleasure of staying here for a long weekend in March 2018. Great location, very clean & comfortable rooms (heated floors in the bathrooms) Great selection hot/cold breakfast. No negatives for me.Staff great & happy to help you. How staying in a hotel should be. Hotel was warm with no noise from outside beds we perfect. 10/10. Taxi transfer back to the airport 19 Euros. booked my city bus tour as well, very worthwhile.
Great stay, Great city break

Room Tip: I've listed it as a budget hotel because we paid £36 per night including Breakfast, for this 4 star hotel, felt like I had robbed them.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank Justin1967
SemaraHHotels, Front Office Manager at METROPOLE by SemaraH, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2018

Dear Justin1967,

Thank you for taking time to share your wonderful experience in hotel MARTOPOLE by SemaraH!
We are delighted that you enjoyed your visit and we are looking forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Reviewed March 15, 2018

stayed at the Metropole a couple of nights and primarily chose it for the central location, reasonable price and fellow ratings here on Tripadvisor.
Hotel has a somewhat traditional style but is contemporarily furbished.
As the reserved room was apparently not available we received a small Suite for our 4 nights stay. The two room suite is very spacious with a very large kingsized bedroom and a sort of living room with a sofa bed, arm chair and small dining table. All with nice amenities such as an espresso machine, bath robes or free water bottles. Overall very cozy but being an older building the bathroom was really small for 2 people compared to the spaciousness of the rest of the room. Also, be aware that many rooms face the main street in front of the train station. Although the windows are highly soundproof the rattling of the passing (old) trams might disturb people with a lighter sleep...
Breakfast was included and offered a wide selection of bread, cereals, cheese, smoked fish as well as the usual continental breakfast stuff such as pancakes, oatmeal, bacon, eggs, etc. Only the beverage selection was limited. Only black coffee and tea and watery juices served. Espresso or Capuccino had to be paid extra.
The staff is overall friendly but struggles with English.
Overall a pleasant stay and great starting point for all our excursions both to the Old Town (by foot), the other side of the Daugava (by tram or bus directly opposite) or simply to the tasty Riga Central Market just opposite.

Room Tip: If you have a light sleep, ask for a room facing the courtyard. Frequent tramways rattling by in front of the hotel (also at night).
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
SemaraHHotels, Front Office Manager at METROPOLE by SemaraH, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2018

Dear ZigoZagoHD,

Thank you for sharing your review of hotel METROPOLE by SemaraH. It gives me great pleasure to hear how wonderful your experience was.
I am pleased that you found our hotel ideally located for your stay. We are indeed situated right across from train station and the Old Town right around the corner.
We pride ourselves on our attention to details at SemaraH Hotels, so to hear that you found our hotel and your room to be comfortable, Clean and well equipped fills me with great pleasure.
Many thanks for your very positive feedback on your breakfast. I will be certain to share your comments with our the team here.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay!