“Nice stay”

Ranked #10 of 109 Hotels in Riga
Sweden
“Nice stay”
Reviewed 3 January 2012

Stayed there Christmas time.

Good location. Nice rooms on 2nd floor. Nice staff at the reception.

A little chilly at the restaurant. Good breakfast but service there could be better.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
MartinsPriedite, Hotel Administration at Radisson Blu Ridzene Hotel, responded to this review, 24 January 2012
Dear Zincis!

Thank you for taking the time to leave your experience at the Radisson Blu Ridzene Hotel with other travellers on Tripadvisor.

I was really happy that you enjoyed almost all aspects of your stay with us and liked the service we provided you with.

We are looking forward to welcome you in our hotels again.

Best regards from Riga,

Radisson Blu Ridzene Hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Moss, Norway
Reviewed 22 December 2011

We visited Riga in early December and stayed at Radisson Blu Ridzene Hotel. The hotel has a superb location in the city centre within walking distance of all attractions. We must praise the staff for helpfulness and good service. The restaurant was excellent and so was the room. If you are looking for a good place to stay visiting Riga, we can recommend the hotel. Coming back to Riga we will certainly stay there again.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Arvidw
MartinsPriedite, On behalf of General Manager at Radisson Blu Ridzene Hotel, responded to this review, 5 January 2012
Dear Arvidw!

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Radisson Blu Ridzene Hotel with other travelers on Tripadvisor.

I am very glad that you enjoyed your stay and that you found us to be a good value. I have noted your comments and hope that your next visit will be even better! I have passed on your kind words to hotel staff.

We are looking forward to welcome you in our hotels again in near future.

All the best,

Budapest, Hungary
Reviewed 18 November 2011

This property is a total disappointment. It clearly shows the radisson chains policy of buying up (or it might even be a franchise) hotels and not doing much with them in way of refurbishment.

This hotel in my book is a solid 3 star hotel. Looks old and feels old. The building from the outside is classic soviet era design and not much changed inside either. The beds are a disgrace and thou its a 5 star hotel nobody even shows up for a turn down service.

The internet is free and fast and the breakfast is ok.

There are over 4 radissons in Riga. This is not the best one for sure.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank GPeto
MartinsPriedite, Hotel Administration at Radisson Blu Ridzene Hotel, responded to this review, 29 November 2011
Dear LC30Captain!

Thank you for your recent feedback. I was dissapointed that you had issues during your stay with us. It is from feedback that guests give us that we try and improve the service at the hotel. I have taken note and am looking in to them in more detail.

I sincerely apologise for the very unpeasant experience you had with us and I still hope to see you again in near future when your travels bring back to Latvia.

Best regards

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 15 November 2011

While I am a fan of quaint older hotels with character and charm, I confess to having been seduced by the features of this outstanding Radisson Blu hotel in Riga. I am returning in June and would not consider staying anywhere else (in fact, I am taking about 70 people to Riga, all of whom will stay here). The location is sensational: away from the considerable noise of the city, yet within a very short and pleasant walk to the Old Town center. Additionally it is a short walk in the other direction to the neighborhood of amazing Art Nouveau buildings. Directly behind the hotel is the idyllic park with its canal and boat rides. The hotel itself offers every desirable amenity including free wireless access and superb comfort (with excellent in-room climate control). All services are first-rate and the breakfast room offers everything one could desire. The front desk personnel are welcoming, friendly and good-humored. Complaints? None.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
MartinsPriedite, Hotel Administration at Radisson Blu Ridzene Hotel, responded to this review, 16 November 2011
Dear MaestroAlan!

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Radisson Blu Ridzene Hotel with other travellers on Tripadvisor.

I was absolutely delighted to read your comments about your recent stay with us. I was pleased that you liked the style of our rooms and that you also enjoyed your dining experience with us. I have passed on your kind comments to the team.

We are looking forward to welcome you in our hotels again in June.

Best regards from Riga

New York City, New York
Reviewed 23 October 2011

Radisson Blu Ridzene Hotel is a 5-star hotel with prices of 4-star hotels, if you book in advance.
The hotel was a place for VIPs from Moscow to stay when Latvia was a part of the Soviet Union. The hotel was reconstructed in 2000.
The location is absolutely the best, surrounded by parks and city's canal. The American embassy that was wall-to-wall nearby, has moved.
In compare with Latvia hotel, that is in the same Radisson Blu group and is in about the same price brackets, hotel Ridzene is a much more quiet place to stay and is more "Latvian" by the ambiance.
My Club Carlson membership allowed me to redeem points to pay almost half of the bill for my third (!) stay in the hotel.
Complimentary breakfast was very good, but I missed Latvian "Sald Skabju Maize" bread. Hotel's restaurant Piramida offers inexpensive lunch: two-course is 7 Ls = $14, three-course is 9 Ls = $18 (however, a message for the chef: where is the delicious (Mediterranean?) fish soup I had last year? :-)
If you want to eat on a budget, go to Double Coffee. The name does not reflect what it is, this is not a coffee shop, this is good diner. The only exception: avoid the Double Coffee branch that is near McDonalds, if you do not have extra half an hour to wait. The nearest good Double Coffee, named Manhattan, is near a flower market on Brivibas street.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
MartinsPriedite, Hotel Administration at Radisson Blu Ridzene Hotel, responded to this review, 31 October 2011
Dear Victor T!

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Radisson Blu Ridzene Hotel with other travellers.

My sincerest thanks for your glowing review of Radisson Blu Ridzene Hotel and some aspects about hotel history. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed all aspects fo your stay.
I agree with you that this hotel is „a much more quiet place to stay” and „Hotel is a 5-star hotel with prices of 4-star hotels”.
It seems that you were to early for enjoying Mediterranean dishes. We started at the end of September with new menu.

We are looking forward to welcome you in our hotels again.

Kind regards from sunny Riga

Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 October 2011

Just back from a 10 day stay at this hotel while I was in Riga on business. I had a smallish room as the hotel was fully booked. Although small, the room was remarkably comfortable and was quite suitable for one person. I found the staff excellent and successfully managed to remain in the background, but always attentive. The bar and restaurant were reasonably priced for a city centre hotel. Breakfast was particularly good with a wide range of options from smoked salmon to more typical breakfast fare. Having warm, freshly baked bread for breakfast was noteworthy. I agree with another reviewer that the fitness room was limited, but thankfully the weather was good allowing running in the parks on both sides of the hotel. The hotel is a short walk through the lovely city centre park into the old town. This is a beautiful city and the hotel was conveniently located just outside the main throng of the old town, but close enough to enjoy the full benefits. An excellent hotel - and certainly one to recommend most highly.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
MartinsPriedite, Hotel Administration at Radisson Blu Ridzene Hotel, responded to this review, 7 October 2011
Dear Cervelo_rs!

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed all aspects fo your stay and you had time to visit our bar and restaurant.
Thanks again for detailed review and for advices. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Best regards from sunny Riga

Newport
Reviewed 24 September 2011

I just completed a ten day stay at the hotel. I found the staff very cheerful and quite helpful. I stayed in a business class room, so I do not know if my comments apply to other room grades. The room was well furnished and comfortable with a large bathroom featuring a separate shower and bathtub. The room was quiet for sleeping even with the windows open. The room had two double beds, which was fine for a business trip. One big plus was the free Wifi, something most hotels of this quality normally charge you for.
The morning breakfast bar was excellent, and the dining room meal that I had at the hotel was also good. The only area that could use some improvement was the exercise room which is
quite small with little equipment (and no elliptical machine). If you are a runner, the hotel is
next to the park so there is some senic running, it will require a few laps.
This was a good stay and I certainly recommend it for other visitors to Riga.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
MartinsPriedite, Hotel Administration at Radisson Blu Ridzene Hotel, responded to this review, 26 September 2011
Dear Planner73!

I was very happy to read your positive feedback and that we exceeded your expectations. I hope that you enjoyed every day in Riga un succeed in your business meetings.
I agree with you about gym and it is our issue for future.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Best regards from Riga