“Stylish hotel”

and 1 more site!
Hotel King
Ranked #4 of 5 Narva B&B and Inns
Reviewed 19 January 2017

Nice old building, with character. Also the restaurant is stylish.
Our room was clean, warm and quit comfortable.
Good points:
*Location - close to the Russian border check point, Shopping Centre, Narva Castle, River Promenade etc.
*People at the reception were polite and helpful.
*Smoking corner for smokers at the restaurant - it's good if it's freezing or rainy outside.
*Breakfast - nicely presented and tasty(omelette or fried eggs, corn flakes and a selection of ham, bacon, different cheese, fish(pickled lamprey - yummy!), cucumber, tomato, pickled gherkins.
*Parking the car - there was a little fenced area with a security cam where the hotel manager let us park our car. Also there is a bigger car park as well.
*Good wifi included in price.
*Nice big bath towels in the bathroom.

Could be better:
*There was no tea or coffee making facilities in the room.
*Breakfast - the food was good but the coffee was not hot enough.
*The TV should have more channels - beside only Estonian channels also BBC News or CNN News (Cable TV).
*Better explanation how to use the bath/jacuzzi - as it is a very old building(from 17th of century), there is no central heating or central hot water(individual electric heating and a 200 l water boiler in the bathroom).
Bad points:
*No bad points.
All in all we had lovely time in Narva.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 21 June 2016 via mobile

hotel king offers all you need. very basic but clean. the room on the lower level was rather small but ok for one night in narva. I think it is a good choice for narva! and also compared to other cities in Estonia. we paid eur 42 which is fair for what you get.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 September 2015

Good location, our room was very small with very unpleasant smell, the double bed was really a large single bed.....and we thought we were booking a double bed for two people! The breakfast was just ok. Overall it was expensive for what it offered. The description on booking.com was misleading.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 September 2015

the room was small, compared to what I had in Tallinn. But I´m not visit Narva for the room, so I´m pleased.
The wifi could worked on the room
The restaurang offered a lot´s and Iliked that food as eat - The Sohljanka was perfect!
The atmosphere in the restaurang - I just liked it.
But the staff really worked on it to help and support in different ways - Yes I liked this hotel and if I visit Narva again I will come back.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 May 2014

In short great hotel for Narva. There's not much choice in Narva and I was a little sceptic about our choice. But the hotel was great and good value for money. Free parking with cameras. Hotel rooms were simple but had everything you need.

The restaurant that's owned by the hotel is super popular on the weekends so you cant go wrong with this choice.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank WytzeNL
Reviewed 7 February 2014

Place itself is a really really good. But that is not enough if you want people to come back there or succees in your business.

First of all needs a BIG makeover. Rooms are in a big need of renovation.
Restaurant was GREAT first time we visited there with a big group of our friends, but when we went there another time it was a huge dissapointment. They didn't have steaks or other meals we wanted to order from the menu.

Staff needs also a BIG makeover - customer service was horrible.

Place is very beautiful and the location is very romanticly close to the park and view to the river. It has a lot of potential with right managment, but otherways this place is dieing.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank prkl08
Reviewed 21 September 2013

I arrived with a bus from Riga after 6 hours of traveling at 2Am at the hotel, I checked in, but as some point they ask me to pay right on for the 3 nights that I reserved. I told them let me pay in the morning, the girl very forcefully said NO now, so I tried to pay with my credit card, but they machine was not working the girl said - You have no money - i say impossible, anyway after half an hour, after resetting the machine few times my card worked. I found my self in a cold terrible looking room with 2 single beds, not the double bed that I reserved, in the morning we had a breakfast ( very poor ) in the evening I had some food ( part of the deal made with the hotel ) some kind of greasy meat balls with potatoes in the next morning the breakfast become more poor no and orange juice, to cut the long story short the last breakfast there was no orange juice no cucumber no tomatoes no nothing, useless to say that the rooms in the hotel are cold and outside the room its colder in the restaurant its frosty, I do not think business is going very well worse hotel ever, it is not a place to go, that is for sure

Room Tip: Go to another hotel, that would help you to find a good room