All reviews ren toiletries olive oil share tips huge walk in shower armona island peace and tranquility rainfall shower friend's home your disposal read a book boutique hotel beach towels local beaches gardens are beautiful private terrace get away from it all the main house
Reviewed May 11, 2015

Myself and my husband stayed at this gorgeous hotel for three nights. I have no faults of this hotel, the rooms were amazing, attention to every detail, the shower splendid, the garden gorgeous, over looking the olive trees. The list is endless. The staff are really friendly and are always happy to give advice on the local area, be it beaches, restaurants etc. as soon as you enter through the gates you really do feel a sense of calm. Fazenda Nova is quite a way off the beaten track (which we loved, it was so quiet and peaceful) but you do really need a car to get around. If you are looking for a hotel, where you can curl up and read a book to nothing but the sound of birds, this is the place for you, we loved it!

Room Tip: Garden room
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank H0llyd20
Reviewed May 11, 2015

First and foremost the country house is beautifully set on a working farm where Hallie and Tim make their own olive oil...amazing. The house is an eclectic mix of modern and rustic. I seriously wanted to move in. We got in at 11:30pm on a Thursday night and Diego came out to greet us. He immediately poured us both drinks and gave us a tour of the hotel. He was seriously so nice and welcoming. We stayed in room 2, which was attached to the main house. The breakfast was great... fresh fruit, pastries, the best yogurt ever (per my husband), cheese, and meats. The next day Diego gave us a list of places to see and local recommendations. That night we came back for a bbq at the hotel, which was really nice! After dinner they lit us a fire in our personal fire pit and we just hung out and drank wine outside of our room. So perfect! The next day we went out shopping and ate lunch at a place that Aline recommended in Olhao, which was awesome and took a ferry to small beach. Overall, our stay was seriously the best! The property is beautiful, the owners are awesome and the staff are genuinely the nicest! Huge thanks to Hallie, Tim, Diego, and Aline! You have us dreaming about our next visit to Fazenda Nova.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank melissa g
Reviewed May 11, 2015

Tim and Hallie, and their team, have created something special at Fazenda Nova: an oasis of calm in a wonderfully quiet and peaceful location. You feel right at home from the first moment and everything is at your fingertips. The service by Diego and Aline (and the others) is impeccable - they're always there but never really visible or intrusive. First class.

The Fazenda has such a relaxed vibe that once the gates shut, you feel in a different world. For people who really want to chill out and focus on the simple things in life, or on each other, this is a fantastic place.

The suites are spacious and very nicely decorated, the beds are gorgeous. Everything is simple yet super elegant with clean lines, no clutter and wonderful materials. The food is gorgeous too. We had a few dinners at the Fazenda and everything we tried was very tasty, with nice combinations of cuisines and selection of wines. The breakfast is awesome and I would recommend the barbeque on Friday evening.

The area around Tavira is much different to the other side of the Algarve which is much more touristy. The Eastern Algarve is a little sleepier, more local and much more calm. The Fazenda team will have great recommendations for you what to do and where to go during the day (or at night). The beaches are unspoilt and only a short drive away. I'd also recommend a day trip to Seville which is about 1.5 hours away.

The Fazenda oozes class and charm yet is simple and very friendly. The place is gorgeous, the setting serene but the people make it a home. If you're thinking of going to the Algarve I highly recommend spending a few days or more at Fazenda Nova - you'll have a wonderful time.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Hendrik A
Reviewed April 27, 2015

We (myself and some girl friends) chose this short break to "get away from it all" and staying at Fazenda Nova was absolutely fantastic. What Hallie and Tim have created is a small piece of luxury in this mad world that we live in. The attention to detail of the design, the informal approach to everything, from it's great food, superb ambience and excellent team just wanting to make your stay the best possible, is achieved in spades. If you stay you will not want to leave!

Room Tip: Garden rooms have their own fire pit outside overlooking acres of olive trees!
  • Stayed: April 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed April 25, 2015

The only aspect of my trip to Algarve in april was the weather. It was not good, even raining from time to time. But that did not ruin my stay in Fazenda Nova. The room we had was just stunning and spacious, and very quiet at night. We could hear the birds in the morning as we woke up. The bed was of high quality which I consider of major importance in any hotel or B&B. So was the shower, the second most relevant item in any room. The Fazenda is quite small but carefully designed and attracts couples mostly which certainly guarantees a relaxed atmosphere. Breakfast lunch and dinner were of high quality and swiftly served with a ever present smile by the staff. The pool is just to cool off I suppose since it is not very big. But it will do. It needs a bit of paint, but that was the only flaw I could find. The area is very rural and you cannot just walk out the door. Biking is possible, but I felt the driving of the locals was more than enough reason not to try. The garden of Fazenda is large and full of magnificent plants and flowers. It is a wonderful place to relax and read a book or two.

A whole different story compared to the west of the Algarve, which is completely destroyed by cheap mass tourism. I just hope it can remain as it is.

Room Tip: Try a garden suite
  • Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple