All reviews private garden ren toiletries olive oil share tips huge walk in shower terrace room armona island relaxing days peace and tranquility rainfall shower friend's home your disposal eye for detail read a book boutique hotel faro airport local beaches
Reviewed October 1, 2016

We had a lovely break at the fazenda Nova. As you drove through the gates and up the drive it felt like you were entering another world - the first impression wasn't wrong! The property and grounds are just beautiful but its the people that make the place special. Everyone was lovely; welcoming, friendly and informal. We were told that the aim was for you to 'feel at home' - we really did.
This place is superbly unpretentious which is what we're after. So much better than a 5* hotel with no soul.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
3  Thank MN27
Reviewed August 1, 2016

We visited for 4 nights in March and had a fantastic stay. The staff could not have been more helpful and the atmosphere was lovely - very laid back and relaxed. Our room was beautifully done and opened out on to the gardens. The swimming pool was very cold in March - but it did mean we had it to ourselves for an early morning swim! We ate in the hotel restaurant for 2 evenings and ate out for the other 2. The hotel staff made reservations for us and were full of tips about what to do. This is the eastern Algarve, so you are away from the big resorts - we absolutely loved the vast empty beaches.
A fantastic stay and I absolutely recommend the Fazenda Nova - it was great.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
3  Thank thehutchneys
Reviewed July 7, 2016 via mobile

I've travelled a lot, from Bali to Mauritius, from NY to Lima and Sao Paolo to Napels.... you name it.
But for the first time ever, I feel the need to write a review.

My experience at Fazenda Nova was fantastic..... The peace, the beauty of the surroundings, the simply delicious food, the eye for detail, the 'home away from home' vibe.... everything was sublime. The staff was excellent, not intrusive but perfectly aware of you presence and giving superbe service when needed and also advice on what to see in the area.

Truly one of a kind... Fazenda Nova is one of my all time favourites and we will surely be back.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Sofie S
Reviewed June 13, 2016

I am fortunate to live in Portugal and travel a lot and I must say that this has to be one of the very best upscale hotels in Portugal. OK its not a hotel, or a resort. It is much more special. Nestled inland, in the easter part of the Algarve, this country hotel is made up of 10 magnificent rooms located on an old and exquisitely decorated olive oil farm. With 200 year old olive trees around, the gardens have been beautifully landscaped. Peaceful, in harmony with nature, secluded (but close to the main roads), with a passion for detail and service this place rocks. And you can tell by the clientele that repeat their visit. Discreet but flying on from the City, New York, etc. Everything is done with an amazing quality and service details.
Tim is the owner who with his wife have mad this amazing place. They have an excellent breakfast and dinner. They will also recommend some fantastic short trips and eating experiences. As Tim says "trust me, and let me tell you what you need to see". And boy was she right. Very professional staff with Diego standing out. Its a place to relax, enjoy, explore the region which is one of the best kept secrets of Portugal.
Despite them having kids themselves, small kids are restricted and once you are there you fully understand. Not cheap, but excellent value for money for what you get.

Room Tip: All are good. Best is to contact the hotel and ask them what is available.
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled with friends
2  Thank Anthony G
Reviewed May 20, 2016

The Fazenda is a large complex, with many small buildings, gardens and orchards. The rooms are actually mini apartment grouped around a main building/lobby/restaurant where guests can lounge on the sofa, enjoy the fireplace and have their meals and drinks. If the weather is nice you can eat and drink outside, in the beautiful terraced area. Each room has a "private" garden and enough privacy for my purposes. Our room was tastefully decorated and furnished with a large, comfortable bed, sofa, chairs, framed prints on the walls. Complementing the living space, were a huge walk-in closet and an in-suite, large bathroom. We were provided with soft towels and robes and Ren toiletries. The shower was also walk-in and quite spacious.

Since I like music, my favourite part of the "public" area was the record collection. Located in the mezzanine of the main building, this space offers two turntables, high-tech headphones and a huge collection of LPs to suits most tastes. To compound pop music addiction, you can peruse the complete collection of The Face, famous magazine of the 80s and 90s. The weather being awful during my stay, I had the chance to enjoy hours of uninterrupted musical pleasure. Downstairs, besides eating and drinking, you can sit next to the cosy fireplace and flip through fancy travel and design magazines.

The only two things I found slightly disappointing were the unheated pool and the "interrupted" driveway. Portugal is not a tropical country and even in August the water of unheated pools is freezing. Even more so in a coldish month of May. I wrongly assumed that such a fancy establishment could invest in heating the pool, but not such luck. The driveway stops abruptly half-way to the reception/lobby/main building area. If this was done to confuse trespassers, the purpose was fully achieved. However, for guests, it is annoying enough having to drag your suitcases to the main building, even more so if you arrive while it is raining..

Apart from this, we had a lovely stay, almost unhindered by the bad weather. Staff is courteous and friendly; rooms are cleaned very efficiently while guests have breakfast; breakfast itself is a pleasant meal with several sweet and salted choices and the two dinners we consumed in the premises were also good.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple