“Husband's birthday treat x”
other travellers have booked this property
street view log fire
mezzanine
bathroom with shower
bathroom
bathroom with bathtub
view from the roof terrace by night
roof electric velux windows
view from the window
the little library
access to the roof terrace
street view
Roof Terrace
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

German first
Any
sheelagh...
“Husband's birthday treat x”
Reviewed June 10, 2018 for a stay in June 2018

We were welcomed to the property by Valter who also insisted on helping us to the local shop the very first evening. He and Melanie were both very proud of their home. Rightly so. We had every amenity we could wish for. Spices and herbs and every condiment and utility you could wish for. The property was clearly well thought through. We had an issue with drainage but when you visit this part of Portugal it's the same everywhere in the area. Valter and Melanie were very hospitable and allowed us to stay beyond checkout time which made our visit so much easier. I could not find fault. It's certainly the best equipped holiday let we've ever been to. Valter clearly has an eye for design and detail.

aam82
Warrington, United Kingdom
“Stunning apartment in a superb location.”
Reviewed May 26, 2018 for a stay in May 2018

My wife and I loved the location - no more than 100 paces from the central Town square in Tavira. A choice of restaurants is very close to the apartment (the Sushi D'Art right next door was our favourite - quality cuisine). The apartment itself is very modern and was very clean, with all modern conveniences. We particularly enjoyed the roof terrace. Valter was very accommodating and we thank him for being flexible on the arrival and departure times. He met us when we arrived, handed over the keys and explained all the essentials to us. Indeed, communication throughout the booking
process and whilst we were there was excellent, and we thank Valter very much for his welcome and for making our stay there very enjoyable. We intend to contact Valter again when we are planning our next visit to Tavira.

dtas
St. John's, Canada
“Lovely accommodations in the heart of Tavira!”
Reviewed May 11, 2018 for a stay in March 2018

Just returned from a lovely stay at Loft 39. We were 2 couples...1 stayed for 6 weeks and 1 stayed for 4 weeks. The apartment is bright, spacious & nicely layed out. A nice kitchen/dining/living level with all necessary supplies for cooking at home. Not large but we did manage to host a dinner for 10. Two large bedroom levels with each level having nice bathrooms.....giving each couple their own bedrooms with ensuites.The rooftop was wonderful and we spent many hours enjoying the sun and the view. The apartment is very soundproof and it also very quiet at night.
Tavira is a lovely town that still maintains it's Portuguese heart & soul. We ate out often and we can honestly say every meal was outstanding! Many fantastic restaurants all over town...right below was a marvellous sushi restaurant.
The beaches are a short ferry (10 min) ride away and are so beautiful. A few restaurants but otherwise undeveloped. You walk forever and hardly see a soul.
Thanks to Valter for providing a lovely welcoming home.

Christoph...
Greater London, United Kingdom
“Great Location in old town of Tavira”
Reviewed November 1, 2017 for a stay in September 2017

Loft 39 is in central Tavira, which is a picturesque town situated on a river. The Loft is very well decorated, clean and had all the amenities we wanted. The roof terrace was particularly good and a great place to have breakfast or sit in the evening. There are many different types of restaurants within easy walking distance. Walter, the owner, was always on hand if needed.
The beach is accessed via the local river bus which runs regularly and is inexpensive. We also enjoyed watching the different variety of birds in the nature reserve and took a boat trip round the area.

João B
“Disappointing”
Reviewed August 14, 2017 for a stay in August 2017

In the previous two years I have rented the studio on the first floor. This year as I wished to invite my children I chose the bigger loft. While making the reservation I did not notice there were different prices for different number of occupants. My daughter and son arrived earlier and were met by a rather unpolite and unwelcoming Mr. Valter who immediately raised the problem of the occupation. He could have easily solved this by calling me. As soon as my son alerted me for this I told Mr. Valter I wound pay for the difference. Two hours later I received a request through PayPal to pay an outrageous amount, more than twice of the price difference I checked on the websire. I duly settled the amount but this soured our arrival in Tavira.

Reviewed August 7, 2017 for a stay in August 2017

MarieinHa...
Halifax, Canada
“Spacious apartment in the heart of historic Tavira.”
Reviewed May 9, 2017 for a stay in May 2017

Loft 39 shares an historic building with Studio 39. We had stayed in the amazing studio but wanted more space this time. Spread over three floors, every detail in the loft is both practical and creative. At the top of the apartment you step up onto a large patio which overlooks much of Tavira and out to sea (the same view as from the nearby Castle). This outdoor space is great for sharing a glass of wine, as a destination for any meal or relaxing after the day's events. From the front door Tavira's restaurants, Castle, Riverside Park (ice cream a must), ferry to Isla do Tavira (huge beach), grocery stores, etc. are just steps away.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing