All reviews terrace suite great location old building great continental breakfast within walking distance parking is limited blue cat bus watch the world wifi worked well self contained central fremantle bottle shop three nights off street parking boat harbour cappucino strip lovely room
Reviewed September 27, 2017

Terrible experience. I was on my own with a child and our bathroom door lock was faulty so we could not enter the bathroom. The owner verbally attacked and intimidated me and wanted me to take responsibility for his poorly maintained room, he did not apologise and was very unkind.
He took the handle off the bathroom door leaving the hole and no way of securing it and sawdust all over the carpet.
I slept very badly with a chair behind my door as I felt nervous and my child was upset too.
I also felt the place to be poorly maintained with cracks in the ceiling and mouldy windows, threadbare carpet and the breakfast was disappointing too.
I was most displeased and upset by the experience.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank LisaB5581
jamesjac512, Owner at Terrace Central B&B Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2017

The bathroom door was not faulty, your child (teenage boy) some how managed to lock the door from the inside exit the bathroom and slam it shut this destroyed the lock, if he had been inside he could have opened the door from the inside. This was 7pm I suggested they go for dinner while i tried to open the door, at this time no tradesmen available. I had to hacksaw the handle off then chisel the lock out leaving the hole for the lock in the bathroom door. I did apologise for not being able to get a lock smith at night. Regarding breakfast when we advertise and only charge for a continental breakfast i do not know why you would expect more !
I do not enjoy responding like this however please read more reviews i have been running this business for 20 years and love the industry and enjoy having guests share this beautiful herritage building and my home. It is not possible to please all guests but we try and enjoy doing it. Please compare my rates and what we offer like breakfast, wifi and parking all inclusive and still my rates are lower than my competitors. I am sorry you had a bad experience however i have no control of your expectations and acknowledge your right to inform your fellow travelers as I excercise my right of reply.

Reviewed September 21, 2017

If you like very old buildings this place will suit. Does have parking so that was a big plus. The room was comfortable but you go upstairs and downstairs to get to the dining area which is part of the front office where the owners are working on computers. Breakfast was OK with canned fruit and continental style only available. The worst for us was the bathroom where the cleanliness and noisy plumbing wasn't great. There was next to no toiletries and the shelf in the shower had a crack in it which created a puddle on the shelf. Could use more towels or at least some hand towels. The coffee in the room was in a plastic container and was stale (to my taste). More attention to detail would be good. Overall, not bad but room for improvement.

Room Tip: The rooms away from the street would be quieter
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
jamesjac512, Owner at Terrace Central B&B Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2017

Thank you for your review, I will respond to your comments, we provide two bath towels and hand towels plus a bathmat, if you refer to flanels, we do not provide these [not hygenic] we provide the standard toiletries shampoo and soap we pride ourselves with the cleanliness of our rooms. regarding breakfast we advertise "continental" we provide 5 types of cerial, 3 styles of bread. crumpets, muffins, instant noodles, peaches and apricots quality canned fruit, prunes, dates, brewed coffee 8 types of tea. We supply tea and Nescafe instant coffee fresh milk daily in the rooms.
The rate for your room was $125 including breakfast,wifi and off street parking. we do have superior rooms and suites, the rate increases accordingly.

Reviewed September 7, 2017

As per previous stays I have not been able to fault anything here, the service as always was great, a huge TY to Barry and your team.

The facilities were clean and the room was comfortable. Great location close enough to walk into town. The breakfast provided was a good selection of cereals and toasts. Parking is available. Nice little bottle shop around the corner where you can get a wide variety of beer and wine and sit out on the balcony and enjoy a quiet evening if you feel like it.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank mydnyght
Reviewed September 2, 2017

Though the room was clean and tidy it was showing it's age, the thing what really got me that there was no natural light in the bedroom, dim and gloomy, I think this should be pointed out to anyone who books these rooms.

Stayed: July 2017
Reviewed August 31, 2017 via mobile

We booked Terrace Central B&B (TCB) online from Agoda website. My wife and I are visiting Perth and we wanted to spent some time at Fremantle.

TCB is as it was advertised, the location is good, just off the Busy Cappuccino Strip, within walking distance from Fremantle Station, and also accessible through the free BLUE CAT bus. It is also juts walking distance to the Fishing Boat Habour and the famous Fremantle Prison. Just great.

TCB is in a old building with a terrace, lots of nice old antique wood Victorian furniture. The owner Barry emailed me twice for our arrival time. This is because TCB doesn't have reception round the clock. We arrived early and actually just wanted to unload our heavy backpacks, but Barry greeted us pleasantly and said our room is ready and check us in. Nice. We can have a good snooze before we attempt to explore Fremantle. :) We booked the Red Room no 8. Nice, warm and comfy.

Breakfast place is a beautiful little cafe, with breads, spreads, hot coffee and tea. There are also some fruits and cereal and milk.

The caretaker lady was most pleasant and we enjoyed our stay there for 2 nights.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple