All reviewsterrace suitegreat locationwalking distanceparking is limitedblue cat buswatch the worldwifi worked wellself containedcentral fremantlebottle shopthree nightsheritage buildingoff street parkingcappucino striplovely roomgreat place to stayfremantle prison
Reviewed November 1, 2017 via mobile

In years of dealing with various hotels, I have never encountered a more disgusting manager or owner in my life. When I phoned the hotel to ask some simple question about parking and WiFi, the owner seamed totally annoyed with me. Finally when I asked what the policy is with regards to late checkout, he really lost it and to quote him, he said โ€MATE...IF YOU WANT A LATE CHECKOUT AFTET 10AM, PAY FOR ANOTHER NIGHT! NOW I DONT WANT TO EVEN TAKE YOUR BOOKING!!!โ€œ and he hung up on me. First of all I am not his mate, Iโ€™m a potential customer. It is my right to ask questions about his establishment and it is his duty to answer them. I can just imagine what a terrible atmosphere he will create for his clients when he does actually bother to โ€œtake their bookingsโ€. With the variety of hotels and BnB in the area, donโ€™t bother with this one, spend your hard earned dollars in an establishment, where they care about your patronage.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Fabio L
jamesjac512, Owner at Terrace Central B&B Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2017

Reviews are guest experiences and i welcome them. I refused to take this booking as an owner I also have right to refuse having a difficult guest in my business my home. First he questioned the rate, he wanted a 3 night rate for a one night stay, then he wanted a reserved parking place. I explained the advertised parking policy, "parking is limited and subject to availability ". He questioned the free internet i told him it was free and suitable for emailing and web surfing, he said he wanted big download ability. His next request was late check out as he had a midnight flight. This means I cannot book the room that day and lose one days income, he thought it unreasonable that I requested to book the second day if he wanted the use of the room. At this point I informed him I would not accept his booking and terminated the call. It is my opinion that this was the best oucome for both parties.

Reviewed October 26, 2017 via mobile

I called and made a pretty last minute booking for my dog and myself.
The response I got was more than willing to offer me a room for both my dog and I!
The place was easy enough to find and close to everything!
The room itself was tidy and super cosy! The bed just great!
Breakfast in the morning was simple and delightful!
My dog was even welcomed to come down and join me which is something I didn't expect at all!
All in all I would definitely recommend staying here. If you're travelling with you furry friend definitely stop in! If not, stop in anyway! It was great!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Mon_a_tron
Reviewed October 11, 2017

Over the years, I've stayed at many many hotels....all over the world. And in my humble opinion, this hotel has to rank in the top 5, easily. Who's ranked higher? Well, the Mandarin Hotel in Hong Kong but it also was a $500/night hotel! And that was 20 years ago.

We were fortunate enough to get their Terrace Suite, which I would highly recommend, it's really not much more than the other rooms. The living room and bedroom were beautiful and large. Oh, great shower!

The location is idea as well, minutes away from many good restaurants as well as the Freemantle Markets should you visit on a weekend.

My wife and I will stay there again without a second thought....wouldn't even think about looking elsewhere.

Oh, I should mention, we met Barry, the owner, who had a dog....learned that it's dog friendly!!

Room Tip: I'd get the Terrace Suite if available
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank hensleyjl
jamesjac512, Owner at Terrace Central B&B Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2017

Thank you so much for your review and comments. It makes my day to hear that guests have enjoyed their time at my B&B. I look forward to your next visit.
Barry

Reviewed September 28, 2017

location was perfect everything I needed l had the self contained room perfect very quiet l had 3 days there and left feeling amazing the girls and I will be going back staff are loving thanks so much

Room Tip: My room was down stairs very quiet
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed September 27, 2017

Terrible experience. I was on my own with a child and our bathroom door lock was faulty so we could not enter the bathroom. The owner verbally attacked and intimidated me and wanted me to take responsibility for his poorly maintained room, he did not apologise and was very unkind.
He took the handle off the bathroom door leaving the hole and no way of securing it and sawdust all over the carpet.
I slept very badly with a chair behind my door as I felt nervous and my child was upset too.
I also felt the place to be poorly maintained with cracks in the ceiling and mouldy windows, threadbare carpet and the breakfast was disappointing too.
I was most displeased and upset by the experience.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank LisaB5581
jamesjac512, Owner at Terrace Central B&B Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2017

The bathroom door was not faulty, your child (teenage boy) some how managed to lock the door from the inside exit the bathroom and slam it shut this destroyed the lock, if he had been inside he could have opened the door from the inside. This was 7pm I suggested they go for dinner while i tried to open the door, at this time no tradesmen available. I had to hacksaw the handle off then chisel the lock out leaving the hole for the lock in the bathroom door. I did apologise for not being able to get a lock smith at night. Regarding breakfast when we advertise and only charge for a continental breakfast i do not know why you would expect more !
I do not enjoy responding like this however please read more reviews i have been running this business for 20 years and love the industry and enjoy having guests share this beautiful herritage building and my home. It is not possible to please all guests but we try and enjoy doing it. Please compare my rates and what we offer like breakfast, wifi and parking all inclusive and still my rates are lower than my competitors. I am sorry you had a bad experience however i have no control of your expectations and acknowledge your right to inform your fellow travelers as I excercise my right of reply.